polyp extension

LuckyReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i’ve really been having a hard time for a while now with some of my corals mostly lps that aren’t really extending out the way they should be. it’s mainly my duncan’s and euphyllias. i can’t tell if it’s a flow issue or a nutrient issue which i’m battling rn as well.

salinity 1.023
magnesium 1865
nitrate 27
phosphate 0.34
calcium 494
alk 8.5 dkh

using hanna 9 in one test kit

i have a 35 gallon cube with a 400 gph dual head output and also two 800 gph powerheads, not sure the brand since they were given to me. they’re both on the back of my tank pushing forward which most cube tanks i’ve seen run it on both sides up and down which doesn’t make a difference all too well and also don’t have have the cord length.

if anyone could recommend a good powerhead either one or two because i’m not sure.

Mr. Mojo Rising

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you post some pictures? Polyp "aren't really extending" could be anything really, easier to offer suggestion if we can see it

Sploot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How long have you had the corals and were they opening/extending fully in your tank before? Also, have you changed the flow/lighting/water parameters that the duncans/euphyllias are receiving? Knowing of any changes that you could have made to your tank could help pinpoint the issue

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.5%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 139 57.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 17 7.1%
Back