Pom pom crab and bta

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are pom pom crabs safe with bta as I know that the pom pom crab carries anemones in its claws? Will this be an issue. I can't seem to find a thread about this. Everything I've seen says they are reef safe

muzikalmatt

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pom pom crabs are great but be prepared to only see it very sparingly. Given how small they are, they have a knack for hiding in the rock work and going "missing" for days to weeks at a time. I love mine though and consider it a treat when he is out and about and I can see him.

OP
OP
LxHowler

LxHowler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pom pom crabs are great but be prepared to only see it very sparingly. Given how small they are, they have a knack for hiding in the rock work and going "missing" for days to weeks at a time. I love mine though and consider it a treat when he is out and about and I can see him.
I had heard this before. I have a few things in my tank that do this. I find it great fun to spot them when they decide to show themself

monti mike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree with everyone else. I’ve had a BTA and Pom Pom together for years. No issues at all. The Pom Poms are pretty secretive. Don’t expect to see it a lot... but it makes it more fun when you do! It’s like a game of where’s Pom Pom

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 139 43.2%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 112 34.8%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.5%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back