Pony Acting Wierd

sandie66

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok, so my kids think I am wierd because I watch my ponies all the time. At any given time I will pull up a stool, put on reading glasses (yes I am old and blind) and just watch them. So this morning they were all great. All hanging on and eating as usual. Later in the afternoon I had one that was just swimming all wierd-like and upside down and then just floating around and acting really wierd, but breathing and definitely not dead. A couple hours later he seemed fine and was hanging on with the others and was normal as could be. Then just now he is doing the same wierd thing, swimming upside down, floating around on the top, darting around the tank really fast (upside down though), going through the filter bubbles and being thrown around like crazy and then swimming upside down again and floating around. It's just wierd. Is he dying? What is wrong with him? I guess if he is dead then I get up tomorrow I will know there was something wrong with him, but what is it????

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bump for someone with experience.

OP
OP
S

sandie66

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the bump, but the last 2 mornings he has been fine. He was good all day yesterday just hanging out and swimming normally. And so far today he is good too. It was very strange though.

Bump for someone with experience.

OP
OP
S

sandie66

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, his pouch looks ok. I have another pregnant one and he doesn't look anything like him. And I don't know if he is eating or not. There are plenty of BBS in there so they are his just for the catching. I don't really know what to think anymore. He is back to floating around on top and swimming erratically upside down.

Is his pouch enlarged? Eating ok?

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 138 43.1%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 111 34.7%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 50 15.6%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 16 5.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 1.6%
Back