Poseidon Systems The Phyto Tank Replacement Liners

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that have The Phyto Tank or similar containers for Phyto and or Copepod Cultures I found a website called ClearBags that sells the exact bag dimensions needed. They feel the same thickness ( 3mm ) but did not feel necessary to use a micrometer to verify. They are plenty heavy enough and will not tear easily. They also have a welded flat bottom.
Myself, I do not need the pipettes or the RO tubing that comes with the Poseidon Reef Systems kit because I have plenty of RO tubing left over from my build 3yrs ago plus RO tubing in bulk is cheap. I no longer use their fertilizer and use the Mercer of Montana F2 which by the way since I changed, my cultures have been way more dense.
There is a humongous price difference between the two suppliers. Poseidon Reef System with tax and shipping is $26.79 for the kit that only has 10 bags. I was buying 2 kits at a time because I have 2 tanks ( $44.53 tax and shipping included ) for 10wks. If I was to purchase 20 kits all at once the price is $299.80. From ClearBags you get 200 bags which for me is enough for 100wks and the cost with tax and shipping is only $36.16. Shipping came by FedEx. Shipped Monday arrived Wednesday. Just doing a quick search on Amazon you can purchase 200ft of RO tubing for $38.
So if Your looking to save a little money, actually more than a little, I would check out ClearBags.
Also you can get a 10% discount if you sign up on their web site.

Bag comparison photo.
20231011_122821.jpg 20231011_122844.jpg 2023-10-11.png

PapaBeepBeep

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
For those of you that have The Phyto Tank or similar containers for Phyto and or Copepod Cultures I found a website called ClearBags that sells the exact bag dimensions needed. They feel the same thickness ( 3mm ) but did not feel necessary to use a micrometer to verify. They are plenty heavy enough and will not tear easily. They also have a welded flat bottom.
Myself, I do not need the pipettes or the RO tubing that comes with the Poseidon Reef Systems kit because I have plenty of RO tubing left over from my build 3yrs ago plus RO tubing in bulk is cheap. I no longer use their fertilizer and use the Mercer of Montana F2 which by the way since I changed, my cultures have been way more dense.
There is a humongous price difference between the two suppliers. Poseidon Reef System with tax and shipping is $26.79 for the kit that only has 10 bags. I was buying 2 kits at a time because I have 2 tanks ( $44.53 tax and shipping included ) for 10wks. If I was to purchase 20 kits all at once the price is $299.80. From ClearBags you get 200 bags which for me is enough for 100wks and the cost with tax and shipping is only $36.16. Shipping came by FedEx. Shipped Monday arrived Wednesday. Just doing a quick search on Amazon you can purchase 200ft of RO tubing for $38.
So if Your looking to save a little money, actually more than a little, I would check out ClearBags.
Also you can get a 10% discount if you sign up on their web site.

Bag comparison photo.
20231011_122821.jpg 20231011_122844.jpg 2023-10-11.png
This is great. Thanks very much.

Court_Appointed_Hypeman

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to start my phyto cultures, and I was wondering what I could use as liners. I am copying the poseidon setup pretty much exactly. I came across a few old posts on using fishbags and having it appear to be the cause of culture crashes, so I have been digging for what would be safe to use.

Are these bags that you got working out okay?

OP
OP
Steve2020

Steve2020

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am about to start my phyto cultures, and I was wondering what I could use as liners. I am copying the poseidon setup pretty much exactly. I came across a few old posts on using fishbags and having it appear to be the cause of culture crashes, so I have been digging for what would be safe to use.

Are these bags that you got working out okay?
See post #3. These are the same size as the Poseidon. There are multiple sizes on their website if your container is smaller or bigger. Good quality bags IMO. They work just fine. No leaks so far.

Last edited:

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back