Powder blue

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear that. These fish are notorious for health issues and aren't recommended without a quarantine system.

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just stress i think not be right since i put it in a week ago probably for the better tbh because the tanks not been the same unfortunately
Make sure to keep an eye on the fish you have. Could have passed something on to them.

vanguard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Powder blue just died : (
I've loved that fish from afar for 20 years now. I recently watched Ryan's 80/20 fish lecture. The core idea was that 80% of your reef results come from 20% of the effort.

For example you can dose two part and have a nice tank. 20% effort for 80% results. Moonshiners would be 80% of the effort to be 20% better. Worth it for some but not for everybody.

When it comes to fish, there are a lot of great fish in this hobby that aren't ick magnets or generally prone to death. The powder blue is hard to keep, it's that 20% better fish that requires 80% effort. That's why they are best avoided for most of us.

Having said all that, I have to try my hand at a moorish idol at some point. It's basically a life long dream for me.

OP
OP
Jamers442

Jamers442

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Make sure to keep an eye on the fish you have. Could have passed something on to them.
My royal gramma had white spot but been treating with Polyp Medic seems to be ok now ive noticed one of my black clowns hasnt been eating propery hopefully they will be ok (fingers crossed)

OP
OP
Jamers442

Jamers442

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've loved that fish from afar for 20 years now. I recently watched Ryan's 80/20 fish lecture. The core idea was that 80% of your reef results come from 20% of the effort.

For example you can dose two part and have a nice tank. 20% effort for 80% results. Moonshiners would be 80% of the effort to be 20% better. Worth it for some but not for everybody.

When it comes to fish, there are a lot of great fish in this hobby that aren't ick magnets or generally prone to death. The powder blue is hard to keep, it's that 20% better fish that requires 80% effort. That's why they are best avoided for most of us.

Having said all that, I have to try my hand at a moorish idol at some point. It's basically a life long dream for me.
Soo true mate thanks , i would love an idol also hopefully not to far in the near future

BubbleBuddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. That’s the second Tang you lost in a week right? Might want to figure if there are any underlying issues and concur with getting a QT tank before introducing any other fish to your display tank.
Powder blue just died : (

OP
OP
Jamers442

Jamers442

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. That’s the second Tang you lost in a week right? Might want to figure if there are any underlying issues and concur with getting a QT tank before introducing any other fish to your display tank.
I am definitely getting a qt tank but my water parameters are spot on i think things have went down hill since introducing the PB tang because the Regal was sound until the PB went in think the PB just upset my whole fish and system unfortunately : (

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Th
My royal gramma had white spot but been treating with Polyp Medic seems to be ok now ive noticed one of my black clowns hasnt been eating propery hopefully they will be ok (fingers crossed)
This "medication" won't be effective for what you're describing. I would highly recommend starting a post in the disease forum about this. At the top in the stickies there's one that can describe the necessary information. If ich or velvet, copper in a quarantine or hyposalinity are going to be your best bet.

BubbleBuddy

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am definitely getting a qt tank but my water parameters are spot on i think things have went down hill since introducing the PB tang because the Regal was sound until the PB went in think the PB just upset my whole fish and system unfortunately : (
I had similar issue about 4 years ago with a tail spot blenny I didn’t quarantine that was carrying ich. Took out 3 other fish but surprisingly the blenny was the 2nd fish to go.

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 28 15.2%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 42 22.8%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 106 57.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.3%
Back