Pro Clear Aquatics ProStar Rimless 90

SPB903

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, first post. New to saltwater aquariums. I have a Pro Clear Aquatics Rimless 90 gallon tank that's been running for 3 months now so it is aquascaped with 80lbs of liferock. Long story short, I have a Sicce Silent 4.0 return pump that's turned down all the way, I'm still blasting sand around or if I skim the surface, it's very turbulent. I'm looking for other members who have the same Pro Star setup and if they've experienced the same issue.

Pro Star tanks come pre glued and plumbed and uses metric (Japanese metric?). They use one 25mm return line with one 3/4" flare tip nozzle from the overflow. Has anyone successfully changed out the nozzle? I would like to add a T to try to cut down on the return force. I've tried several different locline adapters with no success. I've been in contact with Pro Clear and they suggested an adapter that does not work. I asked for a replacement bulkhead that's disassembled but they replied saying they buy the bulkheads already assembled and glued up.

I've researched here and have come across several threads about the plumbing Pro Star uses but it's all pretty confusing and from what I understand, difficult. I can provide schematics and pics if needed. I would entertain just replacing all the plumbing but that also seems like a huge task. Thanks for your patience ahead of time!

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a number of aftermarket y-splitters (not just LocLine), so if you have the return outlet diameter you should be able to find one online. You could also check the 3D printing forum to see if someone could make something for you.

OP
OP
S

SPB903

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are a number of aftermarket y-splitters (not just LocLine), so if you have the return outlet diameter you should be able to find one online. You could also check the 3D printing forum to see if someone could make something for you.

Thanks for the response. I have a screenshot of a video I made for ProStar showing the bulkhead without the flaretip attached. This all all glued together. If I could separate it I could attach a VCA adapter, especially the one ProStar recommended for me. Are you talking about the diameter of the socket ball?

Screenshot_20220316-062154_Messenger.jpg

Last edited:

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, first post. New to saltwater aquariums. I have a Pro Clear Aquatics Rimless 90 gallon tank that's been running for 3 months now so it is aquascaped with 80lbs of liferock. Long story short, I have a Sicce Silent 4.0 return pump that's turned down all the way, I'm still blasting sand around or if I skim the surface, it's very turbulent. I'm looking for other members who have the same Pro Star setup and if they've experienced the same issue.

Pro Star tanks come pre glued and plumbed and uses metric (Japanese metric?). They use one 25mm return line with one 3/4" flare tip nozzle from the overflow. Has anyone successfully changed out the nozzle? I would like to add a T to try to cut down on the return force. I've tried several different locline adapters with no success. I've been in contact with Pro Clear and they suggested an adapter that does not work. I asked for a replacement bulkhead that's disassembled but they replied saying they buy the bulkheads already assembled and glued up.

I've researched here and have come across several threads about the plumbing Pro Star uses but it's all pretty confusing and from what I understand, difficult. I can provide schematics and pics if needed. I would entertain just replacing all the plumbing but that also seems like a huge task. Thanks for your patience ahead of time!

We are in the process of creating a series of adapters for the full line of ProStar/ProClear tanks - and have the adapter for the smaller smaller return line on some of these tank, but are still figuring out the best way to go on the larger plumbing kits, like what you have here.

What we have determined so far, is that our 25mm Pipe to Loc-Line Adapter will fit this outlets, if you remove the stock slip-fit Ball connector as shown in the pics below. What we have NOT determined yet, is if ALL 25mmprosote plumbing kits are the same as this one. They should be, however we want to confirm this.

20220408_092836.jpg

20220408_092902.jpg

With the Pipe-To-Loc-Line adapter installed, you can then add any piece of 3//4in loc-line you wanted to, include a Y fitting. You could also install out 25mm to 1in for our larger 1in Random Flow Generators® nozzles.

This is the adapter for the smaller plumbing kits
1649435928473.png

From what we can the - the smaller inlets do not disassemble in the same way as the larger kits do.

CapeCoralDan

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I run a Orlushy 1056GPH on my Pro-Clear 90. It's cheap and has been running for a year in my system with no issues. I set it to 110, and it's a nice flow. The tank only requires 700 GPH I think.
Also I installed a Loc-Line 1/2" MPT ROBO arm. It's adjustable dual return. Easy to install.
Both from Amazon.

I installed a check valve on my return and cut in new metric to standard fittings from Bulk Reef.

Tank has been very nice.
I've ordered a bigger ATO from Tenecor. Sick of filling the little one that comes with the tank.

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are in the process of creating a series of adapters for the full line of ProStar/ProClear tanks - and have the adapter for the smaller smaller return line on some of these tank, but are still figuring out the best way to go on the larger plumbing kits, like what you have here.

What we have determined so far, is that our 25mm Pipe to Loc-Line Adapter will fit this outlets, if you remove the stock slip-fit Ball connector as shown in the pics below. What we have NOT determined yet, is if ALL 25mmprosote plumbing kits are the same as this one. They should be, however we want to confirm this.

20220408_092836.jpg

20220408_092902.jpg

With the Pipe-To-Loc-Line adapter installed, you can then add any piece of 3//4in loc-line you wanted to, include a Y fitting. You could also install out 25mm to 1in for our larger 1in Random Flow Generators® nozzles.

This is the adapter for the smaller plumbing kits
1649435928473.png

From what we can the - the smaller inlets do not disassemble in the same way as the larger kits do.
Which one? You have two options that go to 25’m to 3/4. You have the 2025 and a 2530. Both say 25mm.

I too have same prostar 90. I want to attach a much longer extension return than the one it comes with. Do you have a long return nozzle? I’m trying to bend it so it aims at back of tank instead of front.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Which one? You have two options that go to 25’m to 3/4. You have the 2025 and a 2530. Both say 25mm.

I too have same prostar 90. I want to attach a much longer extension return than the one it comes with. Do you have a long return nozzle? I’m trying to bend it so it aims at back of tank instead of front.
So, this original post is a little out of date, but we now have a few pre-configured flow kits that could work as well as soem DIY giudes that can hepkl you assembly yout own RFG flow soluions

1713901146366.png

For the ProStar 90, we usually recommend this single 1/2in RFG flow kit

The 90 usually has the smaller style ball-connectors and this kit includes our 21-22 Flex-Series Module adapter. You can add an addition segment of 1/2in Loc-line of you want to make it even longer

You'll fin this option along with some other DYI option for other configuration on our website here

Now - if you tank's plumbing comes apart as is shown the in post above (some Prostar tanks do, some don't), then you can also use ay of our Flow Kits that include a 25mm pipe adapter such as:

3/4in Random Flow Generator® Flow Kit
Ultimate Return Line Upgrade Kit – Dual 1/2 Flex
Ultimate XL Return Line Upgrade Kit – Dual 3/4 Flex

Reef Puncher

View Badges
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC, United States, north carolina
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, this original post is a little out of date, but we now have a few pre-configured flow kits that could work as well as soem DIY giudes that can hepkl you assembly yout own RFG flow soluions

1713901146366.png

For the ProStar 90, we usually recommend this single 1/2in RFG flow kit

The 90 usually has the smaller style ball-connectors and this kit includes our 21-22 Flex-Series Module adapter. You can add an addition segment of 1/2in Loc-line of you want to make it even longer

You'll fin this option along with some other DYI option for other configuration on our website here

Now - if you tank's plumbing comes apart as is shown the in post above (some Prostar tanks do, some don't), then you can also use ay of our Flow Kits that include a 25mm pipe adapter such as:

3/4in Random Flow Generator® Flow Kit

Ultimate Return Line Upgrade Kit – Dual 1/2 Flex

Ultimate XL Return Line Upgrade Kit – Dual 3/4 Flex

thank you for response. I actually bought the 3/4 split line of your product a while back. i just guessed at the size, and it didnt fit. haha.

My return does unscrew, and has a ring that tightens the main piece to the plumbing. Are you saying if i bought the 1/2 random generator kit, that i keep the main inlet that screws into return plumbing, and i just pop on the 25mm ball adapter? Which piece in the kit is that?

1713984301400.png

im guessing piece 3? None of the 1,2,3 options look like the adapter in the image below that you had in the post above.
This image
1713984351361.png

I just want to make sure i buy the right kit, and i will also buy the extension loc line 6 piece too.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My return does unscrew, and has a ring that tightens the main piece to the plumbing. Are you saying if i bought the 1/2 random generator kit, that i keep the main inlet that screws into return plumbing, and i just pop on the 25mm ball adapter? Which piece in the kit is that?
Maybe... It should be #3 on your photo

Sometimes manufacturers change things and unfortunately we wont know about it until we see it out in the wild or a customer sends us some information , such as this. Luckily we developed such a wide variety of adapters and fittings we usual have something that will work.

let's start with some photo of what you tanks outlet plumbing looks like. the more details you can provide the better. Plus, anything we can figure out here on this thread will help out others with the same tanks as well.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 17 40.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back