Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1414436912.919783.jpg
Finally full of water and sand and rocks in. Have more rock on the way from BRS. Once the temp is totally stabile, which I just added heaters this am, I will add the bio-spira and start the cycle. Now to mount the lights in the canopy, but no rush since I am stuck until the end of the cycle, lol!

OP
OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We shall see.... Hopefully it won't be bad for me. My first one didn't go to well, lol

RacingTiger03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just be gentle with it, lol. Honestly I expected it in my tank. Hair algae was starting to form before the old setup crashed. I DIDN'T Expect that the spores lived that long, but thought there was a possibility of it.. sure enough my tank was covered once params were happy enough to allow it. Started on one rock in the center, took it out cleaned it up with a toothbrush and old tank water.. next day the tank was covered in hair algae -.-. Carbon dosing, cleaning, better RO water, 2 weeks later, new lamps, there are very few green patches, all that remains is mostly brown and not showing growth.

I'll be starting to add coral soon now that I have some new bulbs in my fixture though. I'm excited about that :D at 2.5 months I may be asking for trouble though haha.

OP
OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As of 5:45 this morning, the tnak is running and cycling. I finally got all the kinks worked out and everything going. Added the BioSpira this morning. Had a union leak... and an overflow... thats the last time I forget to tighten completely before adding the water.....

OP
OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nitrate levels have spiked... shouldn't be long now... Hope to have some life in this thing soon! Maybe this weekend! Excited!

OP
OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well as far as fish, two Picasso clowns, and a tang, unsure of type, would like yellow bellied regal, and some chromis and anthias. Corals.... Well I really don't know... I want to try my hand at SPS and some of the more rare zoanthids. I kept some darth mauls alive until my last tank started to decline and I eventually broke it down. Not sure yet. Suggestions?? I also like to trade corals once I have some to trade.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Looking good man!

Aaron Gustafson

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
Captain Nemo

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stopped by the coral reef in Knoxville today and picked up 3 chromis. First fish in the new tank!

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.0%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 92 80.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.4%
Back