Pros/cons of an in wall tank? Pictures of your setup please!

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking hard at their 310 gallon.
Planet Aquariums are a Master Designer and a Master Builder formerly of Oceanic. That 300g 8ft tank I posted pictures of is an Oceanic over 30 yrs old. the 310g has close to the dimensions of my tank. I think you'll love it.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planet Aquariums are a Master Designer and a Master Builder formerly of Oceanic. That 300g 8ft tank I posted pictures of is an Oceanic over 30 yrs old. the 310g has close to the dimensions of my tank. I think you'll love it.
My current tank is a Tideline AIO from planet and i absolutely love it. Being in north Louisiana, planet is not far from me.

dochoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are in the process of designing our new house build and my wife dropped a mind bomb on me. She said what if you had a whole office and put your tank in the wall? My mind was swirling at the potential dream fish room! Tank would potentially be a 8 footer! Would love to hear peoples experiences and pros and cons of having an in wall tank!! Thanks everyone!!
Exactly what I did! I will Post some pics.

dochoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will this weekend. My builder joked that he was building a house around a fish tank. He was. Able to add extra drains around tank and in work room, electricians and plumbers were a big help. I do not have access from part facing entertainment area but in my office have a huge opening that I cover with retractable blind.

Only thing I would have liked different is have the overflow protrude out from the tank on the one short side that goes into wall that is non viewing. At the time, glass cages would not do.

I covered lots of the inside walls with marine paint. I would have done more such as add stuff like from shower walls for protection. Did that later on. Drywall will not hold up over time. Also had a big fan set up to vent outside. Definitely have a generator built in.

OP
OP
OutColdCRNA

OutColdCRNA

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Planning for, at the very least, a transfer switch in the main box so that I can run a generator. And thank you for how you prepped and did walls. The humidity and drywall has me concerned.

dochoot

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Would love to see it!!
Can see the tank on 3 sides. The fourth side goes into a wall and small passage to go from tank to work room. used some space under a stair case.

Attachments

• IMG_8403.jpg
    IMG_8403.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_8404.jpg
    IMG_8404.jpg
    172.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_7568.jpg
    IMG_7568.jpg
    182.8 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_8406.jpg
    IMG_8406.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_8405.jpg
    IMG_8405.jpg
    156.8 KB · Views: 10

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 75.0%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.5%
Back