Proud new owner

Reef Junky150

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the BioCube all in One 14 gal. It has the three chambers in the back. I removed the bio balls. My filtration is the live rock. I am thinking about putting more live rock in the middle chamber in the back.
Being that small you will just have to keep adding unless you can get it to eat prepared foods

o2manyfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Getting pods to populate isn't too difficult. You just need an area where they can't be hunted to extinction, give them some food and they are happy to multiply and make more. They are happy to flourish on any kind of surface area. So lots of rubble rock provides them with lots of nooks and crannies to live in. Then dose a good live phytoplankton and nature will take care of it for you.

When you upgrade to a bigger tank in the future, if you get something with a sump, and you build a refugium in the sump this is a great asset for pod population. I have lots of rock in my system (700lbs in display tank, 500lbs in outside sump) I am able to keep well fed: 2 Obese target mandarins, 2 regular mandarins, 2 red scooters, 2 dragon faced pipes, 2 Australian blue lined pipes and a pair of Janns pipefish. Plus a whole assortment of angel fish that are always picking off the rocks.

Dave B

OP
OP
Karen

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure who is breeding them Velodog2. I did see some on the Internet that said they were tank raised. My lfs owner told me that at first he didn't believe it either but there are so many around now.

OP
OP
Karen

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What type of prepared foods should I try? The frozen. Mysis for the firefish seems way too big and he doesn't seem interested.

OP
OP
Karen

Karen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Playin gmz, in Florid they want that much? Maybe there are some pluses to no being in Florida anymore. I used to live in West Melbourne myself.

Velodog2

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not sure who is breeding them Velodog2. I did see some on the Internet that said they were tank raised. My lfs owner told me that at first he didn't believe it either but there are so many around now.

I know I see a LOT of them as well and that concerns me because I don't find any hits to searches for breeding programs. ORAs tank bred mandarins were not cheap either.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 27.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 32.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 34 31.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back