Public Aquariums and Leaf Sheep

DibsOnMcRibs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,
Posting this question to try and help out a friend’s toddler. She is completely stricken by the cuteness of Leaf Sheep Nudibranch (costasiella kuroshimae).

Has anyone seen these in public aquariums? She lives in California, but Im positive they’d travel internationally to see them.

You have the gratitude of an intrepid five year old.

Kasrift

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hi everyone,
Posting this question to try and help out a friend’s toddler. She is completely stricken by the cuteness of Leaf Sheep Nudibranch (costasiella kuroshimae).

Has anyone seen these in public aquariums? She lives in California, but Im positive they’d travel internationally to see them.

You have the gratitude of an intrepid five year old.
Just looked them up, they are tiny, like berghia nudibranches. I don't think many public aquariums would have this on display since they'd have to have a small aquarium for you to view them and for them to not get sucked up filtration methods.

Super cool though.

Stomatopods17

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hopefully someone knows a place, couldn't find one searching though.

Leaf Sheep have very specialized diets and stay small, so they don't make the best public aquaria display pieces, and if they did have one you probably couldn't find it which would be heartbreaking to make a trip for.

Your best option is to get into diving and seeing them in person I think, but finding them and seeing one would be a challenge of its own. They're not something public aquariums could easily breed on top of propagate their food since its a slower growing macroalgae, nor just toss in any 20 gallon system and expect to not get eaten by other stuff, sucked up by pumps, or even visible to visitors.

Last edited:

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 28.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 40 27.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 52 35.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.4%
Back