pump for RODI from brute- issues?

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In pumping RODI from a brute 32g to a mixing bucket using a small submersible pump hooked up to 3-4” tubing, would a standard pump in some way contaminate the storage container? This may be a dumb question but if I am keeping clean water, I don’t want to have anything from pump leeching into it.

Anyone recommend a cheap pump they use to do this?

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
In pumping RODI from a brute 32g to a mixing bucket using a small submersible pump hooked up to 3-4” tubing, would a standard pump in some way contaminate the storage container? This may be a dumb question but if I am keeping clean water, I don’t want to have anything from pump leeching into it.

Anyone recommend a cheap pump they use to do this?
I don't see how a pump would be an issue. Wouldn't contain copper and should be a sealed system by nature.

mfinn

likes zoanthids
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I use a max-jet 1200 in my 20 gallon rodi storage container to move water to my tank when the ato kicks on.
Haven't seen any issues in 10 years, but all honesty, I have looked for any issues.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 jebao 4000 that I use. One is in my 55g brute can for rodi the other is in my 55g brute saltwater mixing holding bin. The saltwater one I use to mix the salt and keep it moving while I am not using it, it is also strong enough to send the water to the tank on water change day. The other one I just use to transfer water to the saltwater bin when I need to mix more. I have a bulkhead pipe and ball valve in the bottom of the can for filling buckets for top off. I didnt have enough room to stack them or I would have done a gravity to salt bin.

Bubbles, bubbles, and more bubbles: Do you keep bubble-like corals in your reef?

• I currently have bubble-like corals in my reef.

Votes: 50 40.7%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I have in the past.

Votes: 15 12.2%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I don’t currently have bubble-like corals in my reef and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 18.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.6%
Back