Pumps for a 76 gallon tank

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reefnewbee09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am just starting up my 75 gallon salt water tank. I have 2 hydor koralia 850 GPH pumps. My 2 clown fish look a little overwhelmed with the current. Should I give them more time or are my pumps too much. Thanks!

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They likely just need time to get adjusted to the flow if the powerheads are new or the clownfish are new. Our reef fish come from high flow environments naturally and will get used to flow most of the time without issue. Sharing a video illustrating can help everyone better understand what is happening (just be sure to turn down the blues some or use a lens filter so everything shows up on the video).

OP
OP
R

reefnewbee09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got them today so I’m probably an over worrier and just want to make sure they are as happy as can be. Sorry for my son keeping a close eye on his fish

Attachments

• IMG_4034.MOV
    29.4 MB
OP
OP
R

reefnewbee09

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They likely just need time to get adjusted to the flow if the powerheads are new or the clownfish are new. Our reef fish come from high flow environments naturally and will get used to flow most of the time without issue. Sharing a video illustrating can help everyone better understand what is happening (just be sure to turn down the blues some or use a lens filter so everything shows up on the video

I posted a video below! Thanks!

Bulk Reef Supply

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They look just fine in the video, no need to change the pumps or flow at all at this time. Being new they will need some time to get used to their new environment.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 29 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 13.4%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 109 58.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.4%
Back