• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

quarantine fish needed immediately

OP
OP
I’ma tempermental coral

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’m just curious to know what situation you are in that requires this?
Consistent and ongoing low nutrient levels. Let’s just say our assessors are WELL fed lol. Keeping them fat has my yellows in constant breeding rhythm, which isn’t a bad thing at all! I just never see my big beautiful male unless it’s to grab an extremely fast bite of food or 30 lol. It’s only 4 assessor in a 60 cube, a breeding pair of yellows and a breeding pair of Randall’s(feel the need to roast me about this? Move along! I’ve been in contact with ORA and other breeders since before I even owned these pairs and still keep contact. I did my due diligence, and aquascaped accordingly. As a result I have, and maintain both these species breeding in this system. Sorry if you read this and it doesn’t pertain to you but some people tend to loose track of what I’m asking for in threads I create and feel the need to tell me it’s impossible or I need to stop. Rant over.) And it’s an excessively high export system. The filtration was designed and built by my husband entirely. It was over built for the purpose of being capable of housing a high bio load. Long story short velvet slipped through qt. All fish were pulled and saved, but to induce breeding in our assessors again we qt and treated the other fish and moved them along to friends reefs so they weren’t spending way to much time in small tanks waiting for the assessors to do their thing. Not to mention the assessors had to wait it out themselves while the tank went fallow for well over 100 days(excessive, I know but like I said these little guys get pampered and I wasn’t rushing or risking it). There is no way to get our fish back from friends and I wouldn’t uproot them out of their new homes anyway. Unfortunately the plan was always to qt some new arrivals but my husband just doesn’t have enough hours in a day right now to properly qt and care for them, and I’m just not comfortable doing it myself just yet. Besides his eyes are much more keen than mine. In almost 20 years this was his first slip(he wasn’t very happy about it). We would like to get a bit of bio load back in the tank, I would like to do it soon! So any suggestions or someone that does this, preferably in California would be wonderful!

OP
OP
I’ma tempermental coral

I’ma tempermental coral

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to put this here and thank @esther for pointing me in the right direction with @OceanDevotionLA he's an awesome guy! While he was recently sold out of almost everything he did swiftly get a fresh batch into qt for my husband and I! On top of that, he was more than happy to help us get at least one fish in our system to help with bio load. And well he’s absolutely gorgeous! Professionally treated and expertly conditioned! For a baby borbonius to go into a system at night and literally watching my husbands hand reach into the tank the next day without shooting for the rocks to hide almost impatiently waiting for the food to melt from between his fingers all the way to swimming every inch of the tank to feed even getting close to his hand still in the tank defrosting food, shows just how much care and devotion Adam puts into his fish! Can’t thank him enough! And can’t wait for the new babies he is working with now!
FAC9BF28-1BA7-4A73-8CE3-EB80962D9016.jpeg

esther

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What a beautiful fish!! :) Yeah, Adam is the best. We actually just got a Lineatus Fairy Wrasse from him last week and it’s doing great! Glad you had a great experience.

Back