Quarantined Copperband Experience - TSM

AustiniteReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wanted to come on here and share my experience buying a quarantined CBB from TSM Aquatics. After (unsuccessfully) trying my luck with 3 different CBB's from my LFS in the past year, I finally decided to bite the bullet and purchase a quarantined specimen from TSM Aquatics. Josh was very nice and responsive to all of my doubts and concerns (I pre-ordered in December 2023 and received the fish last Tuesday). I was super nervous as this was my first time ever buying a fish online. After temp acclimating him for 45 minutes, I dropped him into the tank with the lights off. He was acting a little funny the first two days (I'm assuming from all the stress of being shipped) but after the second day he was chowing down on everything I threw in the tank! Frozen bloodworms and spirulina mysis from Hikari, live blackworms, PE mysis and thinly sliced littleneck clams. Contrary to what some people say, he is definitely hunting down the pods on my rocks and back glass. My tank was running fallow for the last three months and the pod population increased like C R A Z Y! I am beyond happy with my purchase and with my CB as the other 3 I tried all died within a week from starvation. Nothing can beat the joy I get seeing this little guy eat:)
I tried getting a video of him during lunch time . He gets thawed bloodworms for breakfast, thawed mysis for lunch, and sliced clam for dinner.

OP
OP
AustiniteReefer

AustiniteReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good job!
I got lucky, Mine eats from my hand haha its the most brave fish in my tank :)
Nice! Mine has started to recognize the chopsticks I use to feed and goes crazy the moment he sees em. Can't wait for the day he eats out of my hands as well:)

OP
OP
AustiniteReefer

AustiniteReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I forgot to add: he came in nice and plump! Nothing like the paper-thin/starving specimens you usually find at LFS

OP
OP
AustiniteReefer

AustiniteReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, it's about to be three months with my little Ceviche and he's been nothing but a joy to have after past failed attempts at keeping CBBs. Here's some pictures of him from this morning before breakfast time:) Isn't he a stunner?!

Attachments

• IMG_0178.jpeg
    IMG_0178.jpeg
    143.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0180.jpeg
    IMG_0180.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_0203.jpeg
    IMG_0203.jpeg
    124.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0207.jpeg
    IMG_0207.jpeg
    115.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0220.jpeg
    IMG_0220.jpeg
    225.1 KB · Views: 15
OP
OP
AustiniteReefer

AustiniteReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Love those fish. Glad to here you had a good experience with TSM
I was so impressed I actually placed my second order from them a few days ago! Ceviche is getting a long nosed partner in crime :cool: Seems like they should get along with no aggression based on what I've seen posted by others who kept both together.
IMG_0237.PNG

OP
OP
AustiniteReefer

AustiniteReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so happy for you!! im giving it another try. my first one didnt survive. the replacement comes this week. this gives me hope! ( i didnt get it from the same place)
Thank you and good luck! Was your last one quarantined? Before this one, I tried keeping three other CBBs and they all died from flukes (insane head twitching and flashing against the rocks before gasping for air at the water surface and slowly dying).

OP
OP
AustiniteReefer

AustiniteReefer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great work. Any luck with Aiptasia?
Luckily I haven't had any Aiptasias in years! I started seeing a few pop up back in 2018 but I nipped the problem at the bud and got some nudis to take care of the issue. The last pest I had was a bobbit worm back in January... :confounded-face:

jtf74

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was so impressed I actually placed my second order from them a few days ago! Ceviche is getting a long nosed partner in crime :cool: Seems like they should get along with no aggression based on what I've seen posted by others who kept both together.
My yellow longnose and cbb are usually together several inches apart and get along great. The little longnose was weary of all my fish at first being the smallest but almost instanly realized the cbb was no threat. These two now are my favorites. Always out, can be hand fed. The yellow will swim into about anything for food and came out of the bag ready to eat.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 63 34.4%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.3%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 26.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 58 31.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back