Status
Not open for further replies.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
UPDATE:: Ok this week goes like this! Everybody who hits 2000 points or more will be in a drawing for the week 4 qualifier. That makes it fair for everyone.

The time has come for the R2R Forum Challenge! The rules and how the contest will go as is follows:

Contest Start: Feb. 1st @ 12am
Length of contest: 12 WEEKS
Number of Qualifiers: 12 (One per each week. Points will start over at the beginning of each contest week. Each member can only qualify once.)
Winners: Each qualifier will win a prize. (We will draw for the Grand Prize from the group of 12 and then so on until all prizes are gone. One prize per qualifier)
To Qualify: Member with the top point total for each week will be that weeks qualifier.

Ok so I guess you're wondering how to get points? Here goes the point breakdown.
You will receive points for certain task. These points are automatically added by the contest software I have so there is no room for human error. Here is a list of how to earn points.

Every time you post you will receive 10 points. (minimum of 50 characters to be counted and yes the software knows if it is 50 or not)

If you start a thread that is decided to be "STICKY WORTHY" you will be given 250 points for the week the thread has been started. If you wish for your thread to be considered for this you must contact skinz78 with a link to your thread via PM during the week that you have started your thread. The R2R Team will then decide if your thread is "STICKY WORTHY". Entry's for this portion of the contest will be cut off on the Sunday of the week to give the R2R staff time to decide on what is "sticky worthy".

Every time you refer a person and they add your exact member name to the registration process you will receive 50 points. (new member must have at least 5 post for your points to add in. Also if we detect that you have created new accounts in order to "cheat" then you will be disqualified instantly and put on R2R probation. Sounds harsh I know but people try to cheat)

For every thread you post to you will receive 10 points. (this only counts one time per each thread and still needs a minimum of 50 characters)

For every forum you post too you will receive 10 points. (this only counts one time per forum and still needs a minimum of 50 characters)

For every thread you start you will receive 20 points. (you need a minimum of 50 characters to count)

Note: If we see threads and post that are worthless they will be deleted. Also offenders will be disqualified. Also note that their are certain forums that will not count any points for post or threads no matter what. These are the selling, trading, ID, sponsor, feedback, giveaway, lounge, and club forums. These will not count!

PLEASE note that it doesn't matter how many post and so on you have now. The contest starts everyone fresh no matter if you have 1 post or 1000 post before the contest starts. Everyone has an equal chance!

Ok so now for the prizes and awesome sponsors of each prize!

1. Grand Prize Sponsored by REEF2REEF is a 150G Marineland Deep Dimension Aquarium, Stand, and Canopy.
r2ranimated-1.gif

2. $1000 Gift Certificate Sponsored by Sexy Corals.

3. $1000 Coral Package Sponsored by Sexy Corals.

4. Bubble Magus BM-180CS Protein Skimmer Sponsored by TB Aquatics.

5. Evolution LED Light Sponsored by Reef Koi.

6. 24" x 18" x 10" Rimless Frag Tank Sponsored by our very own DIY Moderator Troylee.

7. K1 Kalk Stirrer Sponsored by Avast Marine.

8. Reef Keeper Lite Sponsored by: Sponsor TBA

9. Avast Media Reactor Sponsored by Avast Marine.

10. Classic Series Frag Rack Sponsored by The Blue Glow.

11. Avast Top Off Kit Sponsored by Avast Marine.

12. Prize and Sponsor TBA

Please thank our sponsors by visiting their websites and by purchasing from them! Also if you have any questions please ask in this thread. Remember now that each week there will be one new qualifier for a prize with the chances of 1 in 12 of winning the Grand Prize. So if you get started late on the contest that is not a problem!

Thank you and best of luck to you all!

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reserved for listing of qualifiers.

WEEK 1: m and m

WEEK 2: skinz78

WEEK 3: dougers31

WEEK 4:

WEEK 5:

WEEK 6:

WEEK 7:

WEEK 8:

WEEK 9:

WEEK 10:

WEEK 11:

WEEK 12:

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Contest starts in less than 1 hour!

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sweet! I am super excited for this! It's been a long time in the works and hats off to revhtree for putting it all together! I know he has worked hard on this one! Also a huge thanks to all the sponsors who have helped out with this as well!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Look for our ad in CORAL magazine about this contest coming in the March Issue! :D

drainbamage

Extreme Whippersnapper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Look for our ad in CORAL magazine about this contest coming in the March Issue! :D

Any way we can edit that ad telling people to use me as their referal code? :angel:

But seriously awesome goings on Rev, and big thanks to all the sponsors for donating, not least of all REEF2REEF

jordan3548

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This gonna be great I couldb really use any of the 12 especially the protien skimmer lol

cparka23

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
whoa, that's a crazy list of prizes! I'd humbly suggest the weekly winners to be chosen a little differently, though. If it's out of line to bring this up, I apologize.

For example, what if a person with 10 points could have 1/10th the chance of being a weekly qualifier as the person with 100 points? That way, the folks with less time would still have a chance of winning but still be encouraged to be active on the forums. It really would encourage all members to post regardless of whether or not they're among the most active participants on the forums. To me, that's the best way to ensure that everybody has a chance (albeit a varying chance) of winning. Otherwise, the only real competition is between the most frequent posters on the site for the week.

tangboy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am extremely excited about this contest BUT I don't have all day to sit on and post message after message and reply to every thread possible or create threads just to gain points. So the question is, and I am not trying to be rude or anything, but will this just cause a major increase in pointless posts?

coralkingdom

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
wooah! Sounds like some great prizes, thank you for all the sponsors that are donating them :)

jledon4

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
great contest and also great things to win!! tough contest though, lets see if everyone will be on top of their game. wish I could get one of those super sexy gift certificates.

agoodloe

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome contest! There are so many great prizes on the list. Want to give a thanks to r2r and all the sponsors.

Captain Nemo

Look Ma, it's Nemo!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome!!!!! Thank you so much to the sponsors who make this possible!!! Great contest Revh, just another reason R2R is the BEST!!!!!!

Reggie

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great contest! Must be some heck of SQL statements to compute the points! :D

Just a suggestion, it would have been great to promote the new blog feature as well -- like 20 points for blog posts. ;)

Henry C

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, yet another awesome give-away from R2R and it's awsome sponsers, this is definetly where the big boys play!!!!!!!!!!

btkrausen

Fish Hoarder
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job Rev, I like how the contest is spread out among 12 weeks, but thats going to make for a boring family life if I'm going to win a week, haha. Good luck to everyone.

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wowzer!!! Talk about a serious list of prizes!! Good Luck everyone....Thanks to Rev and the Sponsors!

Status
Not open for further replies.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 96 44.2%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 100 46.1%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 21 9.7%
Back