Radion problem

peterpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone encounter this problem. This happens whenever I try plugging in my radion. Also the buttons flash red and green. I tried taking out the rf card but still same problem. This is a radion xr30 gen 3.

Attachments

• 20240416_112845.mp4
    10.4 MB
OP
OP
P

peterpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also I had 2 other radions that had this problem but it works well now after I upgraded the rf card with one that is mobius ready. I tried it with this unit but no success.

matt_work27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone encounter this problem. This happens whenever I try plugging in my radion. Also the buttons flash red and green. I tried taking out the rf card but still same problem. This is a radion xr30 gen 3.
Do the lights turn on at all? My radion would turn on all the channels for like a second and then the top buttons would flash red. It turned out that one or more of the leds were bad. When I turned to bad channel down to 0% the light worked perfectly. (Usually its the uv/violet or red/green that break)

OP
OP
P

peterpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do the lights turn on at all? My radion would turn on all the channels for like a second and then the top buttons would flash red. It turned out that one or more of the leds were bad. When I turned to bad channel down to 0% the light worked perfectly. (Usually its the uv/violet or red/green that break)
Yup it all turns on for a second then to the state that is in.

matt_work27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would try connecting it to ecosmart live or mobius and turning off all the channels, and then turning each one on individually until it force turns off.

OP
OP
P

peterpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup it all turns on for a second then to the state that is in
I would try connecting it to ecosmart live or mobius and turning off all the channels, and then turning each one on individually until it force turns off.
Will try it. Thanks.

Hurricane Aquatics

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
From the looks of the fan and the screws you removed, those have had a lot of exposure to saltwater. The mainboard is probably damaged from saltwater. It's probably toast unless you can find a new mainboard for it.

That design gave a lot of problems when people would mount them lower because of the open fan pointing near the water.

_AV

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flashing Red/Green is a hardware problem. Can be a variety of reasons, but the most common with radions, which I see nearly daily in my repairs, is caused by bad LEDs.

OP
OP
P

peterpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flashing Red/Green is a hardware problem. Can be a variety of reasons, but the most common with radions, which I see nearly daily in my repairs, is caused by bad LEDs.
Yup. I tried to turn on each of the LED colors. Everything was fine until I turned on the cool white. That's when the problems start coming. I can test each of the white LED however it has been a while since I last touched a soldering iron. Not sure if I want to mess with it.

OP
OP
P

peterpaul

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone knows where I can purchase Cree XP-G2 LEDs. Just trying to figure that out in case I want to start troubleshooting the burned out LEDs

matt_work27

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup. I tried to turn on each of the LED colors. Everything was fine until I turned on the cool white. That's when the problems start coming. I can test each of the white LED however it has been a while since I last touched a soldering iron. Not sure if I want to mess with it.
worse comes to worse u have a back up blue led. As long as you dont use the whites, the rest work right?

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 51 73.9%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 7 10.1%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 6 8.7%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back