Radion XR15 G5 vs G6

Sir Kon Salty Sox

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been making some light shades for some folks, and came up with a real betchin Radion G6 design. Luckily the person who wanted the shades lived about 10 min away and I was able to make one, test it, then make adjustments to have the second batch fit perfect.

Now someone is asking about the G5. I know absolutely nothing about these lights (G6 specifically) other than where the vent slots are and the fact they are 7x7x3" . Does anyone have a radion G5 and G6 that would be able to help me out with the differences ? I'm mostly referring to any differences in LxWxH , if the power cord is in a different spot, and where the vent holes are. I measure in MM so it would have to be a pretty specific measurement.

Thank you all for your help it is always appreciated.

OP
OP
Sir Kon Salty Sox

Sir Kon Salty Sox

Kind of a Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The G5/G6 cases are identical as far as I know. This is why you can get a LED upgrade kit for any G5 and just pop it in.
now that is what I like to hear. these lights seem to be everywhere. Radion knows what they are doing !!!!!!

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 46 26.3%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 41 23.4%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 42 24.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.3%
Back