OP
maroonytunes

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering is it normal if you get banned that you can still get into your profile and edit it???

EliteReefs

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
coralnutz said:
I was checking it over there. I'm kind of into clown fish. It looks to me like the mods are a little to power hungry.

This guy posted some stuff for sale and didn't post prices. Instead of the friendly reminder about posting prices about 10 minutes after posting he gets the "Post Prices or your thread will be removed" and then like 4 hours later another mod came and locked it saying "Too late, I Edited the thread."

I can understand having rules, but for a website that gets about 20 posts/day they are sure heavy handed with their enforcement IMO.

which is a direct reason as to why there is only 20 post per day? :shock:

people like forums but the fact is there are 100's of them for almost any hobby you can think of. once one get to rule crazy people move on

heck i got banned from RC becasue i posted pictures of my zoanthids. apparently that means i was trying to sell them. :? . no add no email just pics of new finds. heck they were not even for sale on the site..

OP
OP
maroonytunes

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Coralnutz, when I noticed that happened, I was mad, give them a chance to post their prices.

OP
OP
maroonytunes

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I wasn't banned, it was that, I had my email replies turned off and I would still get them, three times this happened, so the owner, Mark, deleted my eamil from the system and then the BOT wouldn't let me post, because I had no email.

I totally agree with you Coralnutz.

jessiesgrrl

Hasslehoff is NOT Hot!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
maroonytunes said:
I wasn't banned, it was that, I had my email replies turned off and I would still get them, three times this happened, so the owner, Mark, deleted my eamil from the system and then the BOT wouldn't let me post, because I had no email.

I totally agree with you Coralnutz.

Glad to hear it was an error!

Hey, Elite- I had noticed on RC earlier that if someone thought you had a business, they do that to you automatically.

IMO, after that one thread where the mod threanted to "make me a martyr", I was done with them. Heavy handed, yep- but I am def not up for threatening behavior??? Give someone on the internet a bit of power that they don't have in real life, and things generally get out of hand... quick like!

LOL
Laurie

OP
OP
maroonytunes

maroonytunes

Reefing Without Coral
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just wondering, does anyone know who owns Reefcentral??? I heard that foster and smith where the owners???

bryan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
JohnL is the founder and last I knew still the owner of RC. With what he makes from the place, it would have to be a heck of a offer from the Dr's to sell. Though it wouldn't surprise me a bit as they buy anything they can :)

Back