RBTA shrank and turned white

John Mills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank has been running for about 6 months and everything is well. We added a Rose BTA about a month ago. It "crawled" back around the back of our rock over the first night and we didn't really see it for a couple of days. It moved back up into the flow from the power head but it was much smaller and has stayed that way since.

It's white now. We had our lights at 100% for to long and it got bleached. I've corrected that and all the water perimeters have been spot on since before we added it. Any idea why it's shrank and/or what we should do to remedy it?

I know it's difficult to get any sense of size or scale in the photos, but it's probably 2/3 the size it was when we brought it home. We've been feeding it once or twice a week with "Mysis Feast" from an eye dropper, as much as it'll take.

Just putting it in the tank about 30 days ago

Bag.jpg

Day one in the tank
Day one.jpg

Today

Today2.JPG

Today
Today.JPG

IMG_4711.JPG

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming he hit the panic button before too much damage was done by his zooxanthella, the main worry is nourishment.

Don't keep the tank too hyper clean right now....and most certainly keep up the fish feedings.

OP
OP
John Mills

John Mills

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, so, you think the light was the likely problem? I only just turned them down three days ago. They are on a schedule now where there is a one hour sunrise, daylight at 70% for 4 hours, a break to 50% for 2 hours, 4 more hours of daylight at 70%, and a one hour sunset.

Back