Recommendation on MH bulbs

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice looks good. I really like it. Your corals look great as well !

Of course, hate when iPhones do that lol.

What's your lighting schedule if you don't mind?

My T5's come on at 10am then the Halides come on at 1pm, at 7pm the halides turn off and then at 10pm the T5's turn off. And thanks for the compliments!

StikHedRon

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it, it does seem to work pretty well. Lastnight I just picked up a Reefbrite strip and added it to the tank to give those corals some POP! You definitely do not get that eye popping florescence from T5's or Halides so added some blues for some flare!

OP
OP
G_Sanab922

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love it, it does seem to work pretty well. Lastnight I just picked up a Reefbrite strip and added it to the tank to give those corals some POP! You definitely do not get that eye popping florescence from T5's or Halides so added some blues for some flare!
Interesting I would have to check that out then! They aren't too expensive as well

Bpb

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pics of that setup. I hate recommending something I don't actually use, but my setup is with mogul bulbs. If I were to be using DE bulbs this is the combo I would use...based on experience with those particular t5 bulbs when I ran t5, and based on Sanjay and Paletta's advice and recommendation on the ushio 14k for their growing power.

OP
OP
G_Sanab922

G_Sanab922

Keys Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No pics of that setup. I hate recommending something I don't actually use, but my setup is with mogul bulbs. If I were to be using DE bulbs this is the combo I would use...based on experience with those particular t5 bulbs when I ran t5, and based on Sanjay and Paletta's advice and recommendation on the ushio 14k for their growing power.
Oh ok thanks! Looks like i'll be going with some 14ks first

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 110 76.9%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 11 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 20 14.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back