Recommendations for Black Friday Week Sales?

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone seen any great Black Friday sales for the week so far? For equipment and consumables it looks like the major brands are allowing the retailers to discount products 15%-20%. I don't need any new equipment so those sales have not been useful for me but great for those setting up a new tank or looking for upgrades.

I have also checked out some sales by coral vendors but many of the "discounted" prices seem inflated. Hopefully more deals will pop up as we get to the actual day of Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

The best sale I have seen so far are FishOfHex selling everything on its website for 40% off with the code 40%Off. I used that to buy a holder for my Hanna checkers and some cheaper starter corals like GSP and Candy Cane.

One sale I am keeping an eye out on is Battle Corals who apparently has genuine Black Friday sale discounts vs. the back-to-back-to-back endless sales of other vendors. I will also check our Jason Fox since the pricing on its anniversary sale in early fall looked reasonable but I did not have my tank up for long then so it was not a great time to add coral. I will likely also check out TSA and WWC to see what they post but I don't have high hopes for finding deals without stalking their threads.

One thing I do not like are those Black Friday vendor threads on where you can get deals by posting comments or clicking fast on limited frag drops. I do not have the time or patience for such activities!

Any sales or vendors others are keeping an eye on?

jimk60

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I bo not buy any livestock that requires shipping between now and the end of the year. To many shipping delays. In a couple of weeks there will be a bunch of threads claiming fedex/ups killed my stuff.

OP
OP
S

slingfox

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Personally I bo not buy any livestock that requires shipping between now and the end of the year. To many shipping delays. In a couple of weeks there will be a bunch of threads claiming fedex/ups killed my stuff.
I never thought about that. Something to consider!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 101 57.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.8%
Back