Red bubble algae nightmare

  • Thread starter Thread starter josh85
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

josh85

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 27, 2015
Messages
11
Reaction score
4
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been dealing with small to medium size red bubbles that pop up in all areas of my 15 gallon tank. I have searched the whole web looking for answers but all ever find are people you have the green bubble algae. I even picked up an emerald crab hoping it would help, but come to find out, they only eat the green stuff. I spent 5 hours! One Friday night carefully plucking them off my rock and frags with tweezers. I try my best not to pop then. I was certain I put up a good fight that time... But now it seems to be coming back again., especially on my star polyps.. My light schedule has been shortened and I recently added Chemipure Elite in my filter. Has anyone else been through this? How did you deal with it??
This is a recent picture of the bubbles coming back.. This is about a month after that Friday night of cleaning it up.. Thank you .
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1437528463.908222.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1437528497.471644.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1437528560.647543.jpg
ImageUploadedByREEF2REEF1437528640.589949.jpg
 
only time I had come across it was on a zoa frag.... It was nothing special so I chucked it in trash!.... well it had some bryopsis on it upon further inspection.... hopefully some one will have a better reply than chuck it
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 9.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new