Red Sea Doser and Apex EL

H2Orchard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi,
I've tried to find this information via Google and a search on here but I couldn't find anything. Are the Red Sea dosers compatible with the Apex El? Would the Apex controller control those devices at all?

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex can only turn it on and off. It would not be able to control the speed. In order to dose a specific amount, you would need to know the pump’s rate and calculate the exact duration of time for the Apex to run it.

SuncrestReef

That Apex guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
And just to clarify, this would only work if the doser turns on as soon as power is supplied, like the BRS and other standard dosing pumps. My understanding is that the Red Sea dosers use an app for programming, so unless it can be programmed to run continuously, the Apex would not work.

Miami Reef

10K Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the BRS dosers! They are extremely precise and will last longer than other dosers. They were manufactured by a company that solely focuses on dosing pumps, not aquarium company based which focuses on the user experience.

Muffin87

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Get the BRS dosers! They are extremely precise and will last longer than other dosers. They were manufactured by a company that solely focuses on dosing pumps, not aquarium company based which focuses on the user experience.
What's the company?
Ive been trying to buy some in Europe. (no brs here!)

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The answer to OPs question is no, other than being able to turn the unit off, which I don't see any good use for. It has it's own app where you program the doses, amounts, speed, etc.. I've used it for the better part of a year now and I like it. The app works well.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 1 4.5%
Back