RedSea doser limited ml question

lostmojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am trying to dose over 1000ml of water per day for evap but the red sea app wont allow the doser to be set above 3 digits for ml, limiting it to 999 ml per day. I know i could spin up a second head to do another 999ml.

Does anyone know a way around this limit on the app? Is there a better option? I do have an apex, so thats an option. Budget is not a huge issue but i would like to save money on it if possible.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason you’re not using one of the many off the shelf automatic top off options electric or mechanical? Using a dosing pump with no feed back will take adjustment throughout the year. A basic mechanical ATO can be set up for under 25 dollars. 1L a day is a lot of wear and tear on a peristaltic pump for no reason.

OP
OP
lostmojo

lostmojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any reason you’re not using one of the many off the shelf automatic top off options electric or mechanical? Using a dosing pump with no feed back will take adjustment throughout the year. A basic mechanical ATO can be set up for under 25 dollars. 1L a day is a lot of wear and tear on a peristaltic pump for no reason.
I put kalk in it at times, and pumps dont like kalk much. I was also hoping to use it as a water change option for the tank over the week, but 999ml is not much of a water change in a 40g tank.

The_Paradox

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I put kalk in it at times, and pumps dont like kalk much. I was also hoping to use it as a water change option for the tank over the week, but 999ml is not much of a water change in a 40g tank.

I would just do a gravity ATO. Cheap and won’t care about limewater. If you have room for two reservoirs you could easily make the second a mixing station and gravity feed it via 3/4 hose.

OP
OP
lostmojo

lostmojo

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would just do a gravity ATO. Cheap and won’t care about limewater. If you have room for two reservoirs you could easily make the second a mixing station and gravity feed it via 3/4 hose.
Gravity is not the option sadly. I have the equipment in my garage which is 3' lower than the floor in my living room.

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 52 24.9%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 50 23.9%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 51 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%
Back