Randy Holmes-Farley

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I'm part right. Isn't it?
If PH level is too high a Calcium carbonate parcipited on pumps or heaters. is that correct?
So the second part is
partcapitation of calcium Carbonate does decreasing for PH. Is that correct?

What is a balance between PH and Ca?
When parcipiyayion can be stops?
Both are depended.

Yes, raising the pH of seawater does make the likelihood of precipitation of calcium carbonate increase. Each 0.3 pH unit increase is about equivalent to a doubling of alkalinity or calcium.

Precipitation of calcium carbonate does decrease pH, for the reasons described in the earlier posts.

There is no specific balance between pH and calcium, so I'm not sure what you mean by that.

The lower the pH, the less likelihood of calcium carbonate precipitation. For normal seawater at normal temperatures, calcium carbonate precipitation cannot take place if the pH is a bit below 7.7 or lower. But it might still happen on a warm heater.

These have more:
A Simplified Guide to the Relationship Between Calcium, Alkalinity, Magnesium and pH by Randy Holmes-Farley - Reefkeeping.com

Chemistry And The Aquarium: The Relationship Between Alkalinity And pH ? Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog

Chemistry and the Aquarium: Calcium ? Advanced Aquarist | Aquarist Magazine and Blog

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 32 36.4%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 26 29.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 5.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.1%
Back