OP
ReeferEric

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
stunning pictures! :bigsmile:Can you tell us what you have your aquarium lights set at when you took these pictures? 10,000k......8,000k etc?

I don't have a definite answer to that. If you can figure out what 4 blues plus, 1 purple plus, & and aquablue special gives out then you have your answer. LOL

On another note, photo editing the white balance helped remove some of the more blue tones.

I have a question, where did you get the mesh top for the tank?

The mesh can be bought at BRS.

In other news, I cleaned up the glass. Pictures tomorrow! Also, working on a frag tank system to incorporate into my DT and remove a lot of clutter from under the stand.

jhmeresqu

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you have you screen top attached? Does it just sit on top of the rim or does it attach somehow below the top? I can't tell by the pics. It's so clean looking and straightand level. I've seen plastic/acyrlic reccessed holders but they only attach to 1/4' glass.

OP
OP
ReeferEric

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do you have you screen top attached? Does it just sit on top of the rim or does it attach somehow below the top? I can't tell by the pics. It's so clean looking and straightand level. I've seen plastic/acyrlic reccessed holders but they only attach to 1/4' glass.

I just have it sitting on top of the tank, nothing holds it in place so I can move it side to side.

OP
OP
ReeferEric

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a few other updates, I can't wait for it to all come together! I've always wanted an addition to the main tank where I can make it different and hold corals and fish where my display can't.

Had to do an aluminum stand this time, I'll never go with wood ever again. 48"X24"X37", stand needs to go back and get cut down 3" but the build quality is AWESOME! Doug, a local welder built this. He was recommended by Joshpork-O on here.
12161967683_573e88d6c1_z.jpg

Manifold to keep things nice and clean. This will feed my calcium reactor, carbon, bio-pellets, and whatever else. Everything is threaded so if I need, I can take it all apart and add stuff or change things out.
Consist of:
3/4" Gate Valve
1/2" Gate Valves x2
1/2" Ball Valves x2
3/8" Quick Connect Valve
1" True Union Ball Valve
12161754085_7f05860c8e_z.jpg

Jebao DC9000 will be powering the whole system, planning on picking up either another DC9000 or DC12000 as a back up.
1.5" Union to 1.5" True Union Check Valve and then splits off to the return (1.25") and manifold (1"). I tried to keep pressure loss down as much as possible through pipe reducing. Everything is threaded connections, easy to remove if needed. I've got a second check valve in case I want to clean it, easy swap in.
12162177144_50b7a372b4_z.jpg

Mock up of the "Island" tank and will be holding frags. 48"X24"X9", nice sized and shallow. I figure a volcano tank theme wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm working on resealing the tank again to make it nice and presentable. No, it didn't need it but the last person to seal the tank did a horrible job.
12162179494_268b36d0ef_z.jpg

Peanut

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got a few other updates, I can't wait for it to all come together! I've always wanted an addition to the main tank where I can make it different and hold corals and fish where my display can't.

Had to do an aluminum stand this time, I'll never go with wood ever again. 48"X24"X37", stand needs to go back and get cut down 3" but the build quality is AWESOME! Doug, a local welder built this. He was recommended by Joshpork-O on here.

What did the stand cost?

OP
OP
ReeferEric

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did the stand cost?

Send me a PM, I don't want to post it up because every quote is different. He can build them out of steel as well, but rust and stuff, a little more didn't hurt for aluminum.

Fishlee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mock up of the "Island" tank and will be holding frags. 48"X24"X9", nice sized and shallow. I figure a volcano tank theme wouldn't be a bad idea. I'm working on resealing the tank again to make it nice and presentable. No, it didn't need it but the last person to seal the tank did a horrible job.

Is this side tank going to larger than your display tank ?
Also do you need to put something under the tanks to support them over the aluminum especially the sump that's just sitting on the middle bar
And how are the Velcro doors working out ? I use those tabs to mount my apex I can't imagine the tediousness to realign and mount a sheet of acrylic that large everytime I want to work on the sump

Have you considered a ghost overflow instead of corner internal

Everything else looks good keep ithr pictures coming !

OP
OP
ReeferEric

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mitch Eric was sitting next to you at the fmas meeting.

Oh that was him? Yeah, I was the rude one. LOL

Is this side tank going to larger than your display tank ?
Also do you need to put something under the tanks to support them over the aluminum especially the sump that's just sitting on the middle bar
And how are the Velcro doors working out ? I use those tabs to mount my apex I can't imagine the tediousness to realign and mount a sheet of acrylic that large everytime I want to work on the sump

Have you considered a ghost overflow instead of corner internal

Everything else looks good keep ithr pictures coming !

In deminisions, yes. Water volume, no. I still have to buy wood before the final placement of everything, that goes for both the tank and sump areas.

The Velcro works great. I've used it on everything including my EB8 with all sorts of plugs and wires coming from it. I'm not so OCD about how the cover goes on.

OP
OP
ReeferEric

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dropped the stand off with Doug today, tomorrow I'll get it back from him minus 3". Then I can really get to work on things.

On another note, I picked up some nice frags. I'll take some pictures tomorrow, be ready for that update.

joshporksandwich

Zoa addict
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Manifold to keep things nice and clean. This will feed my calcium reactor, carbon, bio-pellets, and whatever else. Everything is threaded so if I need, I can take it all apart and add stuff or change things out.
Consist of:
3/4" Gate Valve
1/2" Gate Valves x2
1/2" Ball Valves x2
3/8" Quick Connect Valve
1" True Union Ball Valve
12161754085_7f05860c8e_z.jpg

Jebao DC9000 will be powering the whole system, planning on picking up either another DC9000 or DC12000 as a back up.
1.5" Union to 1.5" True Union Check Valve and then splits off to the return (1.25") and manifold (1"). I tried to keep pressure loss down as much as possible through pipe reducing. Everything is threaded connections, easy to remove if needed. I've got a second check valve in case I want to clean it, easy swap in.
12162177144_50b7a372b4_z.jpg

Looking good. Let me know how the jeabo works. I might change for frag tank.

jeffthomas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dropped the stand off with Doug today, tomorrow I'll get it back from him minus 3". Then I can really get to work on things.

On another note, I picked up some nice frags. I'll take some pictures tomorrow, be ready for that update.

Mind sending me Doug's contact info and letting me know what he charged for your stand? I'm up in Orlando, but might be worth driving down. Thanks! Jeff

OP
OP
ReeferEric

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking good. Let me know how the jeabo works. I might change for frag tank.

I've already tested it with a 7 ft head pressure, it's not bad. We'll see once its all plumbed in.

Mind sending me Doug's contact info and letting me know what he charged for your stand? I'm up in Orlando, but might be worth driving down. Thanks! Jeff

Sending you a PM now.

OP
OP
ReeferEric

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking back on the old photos... things have really grown. More so in the last few months then anything, after the chloramine filter incident the tank has been on a roll. SPS growth is amazing! I've got tons of photos but will leave these for now.

12263693203_eff56a5716_o.jpg

12263692883_73e0ab3cfb_z.jpg

12263974834_5f17b76697_z.jpg

12263974694_9bc64c8dee_z.jpg

Fishlee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overflow as requested earlier in the thread:
6959017448_719ae89ffe_z.jpg

Hard to see, but it utilizes the Herbie Overflow method. Two 1" drains and a 3/4" return. Works very well, just ask me how I know it works!
6959017642_de232a343e_z.jpg

Did you consider the ghost overflow before going with the corner overflow

OP
OP
ReeferEric

ReeferEric

Resident Reef Junky
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Overflow as requested earlier in the thread:
6959017448_719ae89ffe_z.jpg

Hard to see, but it utilizes the Herbie Overflow method. Two 1" drains and a 3/4" return. Works very well, just ask me how I know it works!
6959017642_de232a343e_z.jpg

Did you consider the ghost overflow before going with the corner overflow

The Ghost overflow was a new feature release at MACNA I believe, this tank has been up and running for 2 years now.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 46 29.5%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.2%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 43 27.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 54 34.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 5.1%
Back