reef-pi :: An opensource reef tank controller based on Raspberry Pi.

Sral

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My ESP32 also randomly rebooting almost every day.
It's control power strip with refugium light, so it's easy to see when my refugium light turning on at night.
Main problem that ESP do not save Pin state after reboot.
I'm not a big fun of Arduino, so can't give the solution, but already thinking to rewrite this on Micropython
Good point, I can try an extension that saves the pin state as a preference and resets that on reboot.
Downside is that one then doesn’t have the panic- option of cutting power in emergency, as reboot will reset to a possibly faulty behavior.

biznatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates on when 6.1 will be released with the fix for PH? Seems like this project has stalled for quite some time.

Projects with Sam

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Any updates on when 6.1 will be released with the fix for PH? Seems like this project has stalled for quite some time.
I wouldn’t say it’s stalled. There was recently a release.

DanTheReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the last release was November 2022 on github. Is there a release somewhere else I'm missing because that's almost 1 1/2 years ago.
Ranjib mentioned in August or so that he’s been having to focus on things besides reefpi lately and would be getting back into it soonish

MikeSpike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I’m running reef pi on a rob tank controller and power bar. Has been running flawless for over a year. Until about 2 weeks ago. The power bar keeps turning off I’m getting the following errors. See attached. Any help appreciated. Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0247.png
    IMG_0247.png
    127.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_0153.png
    IMG_0153.png
    92.2 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_0152.png
    IMG_0152.png
    127.7 KB · Views: 25

Brett7397

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I would change your sd card. They will corrupt over time with alot of read and writes to it. A year is along time for one.

MikeSpike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would change your sd card. They will corrupt over time with alot of read and writes to it. A year is along time for one.
Thanks. I will definitely do that. Too much to lose! Do you think that is the issue or was that just general advice?

biznatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all. I’m running reef pi on a rob tank controller and power bar. Has been running flawless for over a year. Until about 2 weeks ago. The power bar keeps turning off I’m getting the following errors. See attached. Any help appreciated. Thank you
That's a network error, and looks like you're using a wifi power bar, not the robotank one. I get that randomly on my small tank setup with the Kasa HS300 bar, and reloading RPi from the admin console fixes it. Unless you have the power strip setup using DHCP, then the IP might have changed.

Brett7397

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
DHCP protcol is for automatic IP adress assigning. It might be better to assign a static IP using the power bar MAC address if your router firmware has that option. I use this way for my wifi thermostat and printer.

Last edited:

Brett7397

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
That's a network error, and looks like you're using a wifi power bar, not the robotank one. I get that randomly on my small tank setup with the Kasa HS300 bar, and reloading RPi from the admin console fixes it. Unless you have the power strip setup using DHCP, then the IP might have changed.
I just read your post again and I repeated what you said about DHCP. My apologies for not getting it the first time.

MikeSpike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. The DHCP error does relate to additional TP link power bar I used to run (for my RO in the shed). So I understand that one.
The issue I’m having is with my robo tank (wired) power bar. I think that is the TCP error in the screenshots.

biznatch

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all. The DHCP error does relate to additional TP link power bar I used to run (for my RO in the shed). So I understand that one.
The issue I’m having is with my robo tank (wired) power bar. I think that is the TCP error in the screenshots.
TCP is only for network connections. The robotank wired power bar connects to the GPIO pins using the serial cable. Are none of the plugs working on the powerbar? Do you hear the relay clicking when turning the ports on/off?

MikeSpike

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Correct it’s connected via serial. All the sockets function normally for 23.5 hours a day. Just a couple of times a day it turns itself off (flooding my sump) with the errors I’ve shown above. It restarts probably less than a minute later.

Des Westcott

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

I've been having a problem with my Adafruit IO feeds constantly giving me errors saying "invalid Key" or similar. But I have been getting data feeds from my Reef-Pi to Adafruit.

So last night I tried to re-install the Key in the hope of the problem going away. But I only seem to have made the problem worse.

Can someone point me to a tutorial / document showing all the steps required? Or is Adafruit a thing of the past and should I rather set up the Telemetry Server? (that will be another steep learning curve)

Lingwendil

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cannot for the life f me get SSH to work to edit my config file, and in addition to that- when attempting to install reef-pi on a freshly installed image of raspberry pi os copy/paste of the code returns the error "no such file or directory"

is the info in the guide up to date? I've put several hours into this toniht and gotten nowere.

Kurtzisa

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORP is less common, but works no problem. you can even measure it with a pH board when you connect an ORP probe to it and transform the „pH“ value back to the measured voltage.
Ok, and how i can do this? because i have an ORP probe... the main problem is the documentation of Reef-pi project, probably i missing a lot of interesting stuff

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 42 30.7%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 35 25.5%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 49 35.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.4%
Back