Reef-pi Photon/Evergrow LED Conversion - How to guide!

Lukes Saltwater Tank

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
First off..... I love Reef-pi, what it can do and that it what has inspired me to start this whole project.

So recently ive been converting my Reef lights over to Reef-pi, Its for the Evergrow or Photon range of lights from reefbreeders. Its a drop in replacement for the original controller board so if your remote is damaged,lost or even if you just want the upgrade.

Its a diy project and im tring to make everything easy for anyone to replicate, I hate to self promote but I have made a Youtube channel for the videos to live and I will put detailed "how to" videos on there, probably more in the future too. The circuit will also be available on github once i figure that out.

Ill post the videos here too to keep them all toghether, Im also here to anwser any questions.
Here is the intro video to the project:

What do you Think? Done anything similar?

eenoo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I was in high school I ordered a ton of LEDs, a large heatsink, a power supply and driver and built a really terrible LED for my 55g reef. Thats when I learned what lenses were. It was incredibly enjoyable to design and build and ended up working quite well after several tries (and running it with T5s as well). While only kind of similar, you reminded me of fond memories!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 14 34.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 8 19.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back