OP
OP
AJ_Tsin

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Added a few corals to the collection this past weekend. I also updated my build thread with more info on the corals. These pictures are moments after adding them so they are a bit stressed and not fully colored yet.

All three are from Reef Raft Canada.

DSC03310-imp.jpg

Reef Raft Canada Ultimate Orange Passion - A more "ultimate" sibling to the well known Orange Passion. This new release has more color, more pop and ultimately more ultimate.

DSC03321-imp.jpg

Reef Raft Canada Pink Cadillac - This coral defiantly has come coloring to do, the polyps on the mother colony are bright blue, tissue is hot pink, and the tips are yellow. Will see how it does.

DSC03322-imp.jpg

Reef Raft Canada Shazam - Frag is not in the best shape, since taking this photo the polyps have come out. Color should stabilize a bit over the next few weeks. Once it does this piece is incredible.

Also here is an updated picture of the Reef Raft Canada Jawdropper coloring up.

DSC03274.jpg

Reef Raft Canada Jawdropper

prime8reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely top notch coral selection! Alot of my wish list corals....especially the wolverine and jaw dropper. Orangepassion , has got to be my new 'most wanted' as I'm waiting for a frag via grow out from another reefer. Must be nice to have direct access to these gems and have daily enjoyment of watching them color up.
You have like the fort Knox of reef tanks, sir!
Can't wait to see what your next acquisition will be. Us there one unobtainable piece that you are striving for in particular?

OP
OP
AJ_Tsin

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Absolutely top notch coral selection! Alot of my wish list corals....especially the wolverine and jaw dropper. Orangepassion , has got to be my new 'most wanted' as I'm waiting for a frag via grow out from another reefer. Must be nice to have direct access to these gems and have daily enjoyment of watching them color up.
You have like the fort Knox of reef tanks, sir!
Can't wait to see what your next acquisition will be. Us there one unobtainable piece that you are striving for in particular?

Thankyou. Means a lot. I am very lucky to have such awesome corals in here.

Not sure what next acquisition will be. I am probably done adding corals for a little while. One thing I have had my eye on for a while is the Jason Fox Fox Flame. If there was some way to get that up into Canada I would be all over it.

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ZOMG another ontarian! I'd be happy to buy from you if you fragged any of them.
Your SPS are amazing!

afamousjohnson

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Dang!!! Got a link to your old totm tank thread before you re-did and started out frags? Will also be checking out your current tank build - stock looks amazing and love the island look.

To bad your all the way up in canada or I'd send ya a frag off my OTort. Your right tank will look dope as/when it grows out and in. Many thumbs up!

watchguy123

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank, your coral are beautiful. And everything looks so happy--great polyp extension!

Curious though, I notice your new additions are encrusted. So I am assuming you do not clip frags off of old plugs. If not please clarify. Are you worried about importing pests into your tank with original plugs. I have made a point of cutting frags off original plugs and always have heartache about discarding some of the coral with the plug. Do you mind sharing how you add new frags to your tank

Oscaror

Back In It
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad to hear from a local. Will defiantly make some posts around here when I finally frag things.

Well I'll stay tuned for that. My tank isn't ready for any new stony corals yet anyway, so I can probably buy corals once my sump is built.

OP
OP
AJ_Tsin

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank, your coral are beautiful. And everything looks so happy--great polyp extension!

Curious though, I notice your new additions are encrusted. So I am assuming you do not clip frags off of old plugs. If not please clarify. Are you worried about importing pests into your tank with original plugs. I have made a point of cutting frags off original plugs and always have heartache about discarding some of the coral with the plug. Do you mind sharing how you add new frags to your tank

I usually try and ditch the plug if I can or get frags fresh cut. However for some of the expensive high end stuff I would rather not risk it if its already encrusted. I generally clip of the peg or post of the frag put to make it a flat surface and easy to mount anywhere on the rocks with putty. I do a fairly lax drip in on the sps and while this is happening I scrape the plug as much as I can getting off any algae or critters etc etc. this gets off a ton of stuff and can be done with a fingernail razor blade or whatever you want really. Then I have been using Revive as a dip after the drip in, this seems to be working to get whatever is left holding onto the plug. I have a bottle of Bayer that was given to me by an American friend (Cant get it in Canada) but I haven't used it yet. Would probably recommend that over Revive.

Well I'll stay tuned for that. My tank isn't ready for any new stony corals yet anyway, so I can probably buy corals once my sump is built.
Cool good luck.

This is a ridiculously nice acro collection you got going here.
Thankyou

Thanks for sharing.
No problem.

SchnitzelReef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the Bayer, and never look back. I've yet to lose a single coral to stress after dipping with Bayer. And I'm a rebel, I don't follow any instructions. I just dump the Bayer in until the water is milky white. After a few minutes I pull the acro, dip it in a clean salt water dip, then in the tank it goes. Usually have good PE within an hour of being mounted in the display. When I used to use other dips, it would usually stress the corals for days, and sometimes kill more finicky acros.

Corals look awesome by the way !!

OP
OP
AJ_Tsin

AJ_Tsin

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Use the Bayer, and never look back. I've yet to lose a single coral to stress after dipping with Bayer. And I'm a rebel, I don't follow any instructions. I just dump the Bayer in until the water is milky white. After a few minutes I pull the acro, dip it in a clean salt water dip, then in the tank it goes. Usually have good PE within an hour of being mounted in the display. When I used to use other dips, it would usually stress the corals for days, and sometimes kill more finicky acros.

Corals look awesome by the way !!

Yea I plan on it from now on. Although it will likely be quite some time until I purchase any more coral. Gonna wait till this all grows out.

Thanks!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 40.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 11 36.7%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 6 20.0%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 1 3.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back