Reef safe butterfly growth size (henochious diphretes)

mcarroll

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, but shows that anything is possible!

Guess the aiptasia were never gone in the 400 then?

Copperband's have such a low survival rate it never mattered what they'd theoretically eat...I had to stop recommending them a long time ago.

Just too fragile/too easy to stress.

(Almost none ever end up in something nice like a 400 gallon tank.)

-Matt

Eienna

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My matted filefish never ate aiptasia that I saw...but he never hurt anything else, either, so he was allowed to stay. Well, until now, anyway. He was a good little boy but the place I'm moving to doesn't have an lfs or even a sw section at the lps...so I had to figure if he did start causing trouble I'd have nowhere to send him. So I took him to my favorite LFS out here.

CoralHut

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Weird, but shows that anything is possible!

Guess the aiptasia were never gone in the 400 then?

Copperband's have such a low survival rate it never mattered what they'd theoretically eat...I had to stop recommending them a long time ago.

Just too fragile/too easy to stress.

(Almost none ever end up in something nice like a 400 gallon tank.)

-Matt

They have aiptasia in their plumbing lines necessitating a need for a 24/7 aiptasia control. The banished Klein's butterflies are enjoying their lives in the coral-free 120g sump and keep any straggler aiptasia out of there.

I have had pretty good luck with Copperbands if they are a medium to large size and if their beak is undamaged. Key is to have a well established tank so they can feed off the fauna in the tank until they become accustomed to the food gods throwing food down on them from above. The only problems I have with them is they are kind of prone to getting sucked up into MP60s at night. Had to install foam guards and stopped that problem...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 28.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 37.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 21 26.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%

Back