Reefer, Dad, and one of our own was killed in a car wreck.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
No yours was already added.

GreatWhiteShark

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Our club here in Wisconsin has heard the terrible news and have donated $50.00 to the memorial fund.

Our sincerest condolences to the friends and family of Danny,

The Fox Valley Reef Club of Wisconsin

Harpo

Coral Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
This is simply amazing that a bunch of fish geeks can get together and help out those in need. Donation sent

David

solastsummer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My name is Heather and I am Danny or solastsummers wife. I want to thank you for your support and love that you have sent to me and my family. It is amazing that at such a devestating time I feel the love and support that I do. I cant begin to thank each of you for the love that I have felt. Thank you for you prayers and thoughts as well as your finanical support. I could not begin to believe how much a simple funreral cost or the emotional rollercoaster it puts you through.

I gave labor 11 weeks early in Everett Washington while I was visiting for a baby shower. My husband had to rush in from Idaho Falls Idaho to make it for her birth. He was able to rely on Brock, a fellow reefer, to take all his corral and fish. Thank you Brock for helping Dan get to me as fast as possible. Holly Ann was born 2 days after I started going into labor. She was 3 pounds and 16 and a half inches long. Dan was able to make it just in time.

Seeing as Holly would be in the hospital until the end of May, we desided to move to Seattle. 8 days after she was born Dan started to make the trip back to Idaho with my sister Alicia. A mile away from picking up our dog, she lost control of the vehicle and rolled it 3 times. It landed on its roof. Dan suffered brain trama and died instantly. My sister suffered only minor injurys and was released from the hospital the next day.

My husband was only a father for 8 days and he got to hold her only once.

Dan loved to check on the forums and did so in his nightly routine. I know that he would be proud to call everyone of you friend. Im going to miss complaining about his fish stuff taking up space or his getting super glue over everything.

Thank you for sharing his passion for the hobby. Thank you for providing such joy in his life and therefor mine. Thank you for the memories and friends we have made through the community.
dan.jpg
His service will be in Everett Washington at 9509 19th ave se at the LDS church. If any of you are in the area I would be honored to have you attened.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey reefing is like family that's what we are all here for to support one another and my prayers are still with you god bless

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Heather thank you so much for coming here and sharing this with us. I am so terribly sorry for your loss and what you are having to go through. Please take comfort in the only solid foundation in this treacherous world we live, Jesus Christ. I am praying for you to obtain the Peace that Passes all Understanding that the bible speaks of. I was able to talk to some teenagers about the fragility of life and in particular Dan's accident. Many of them were touched and were re-focused on what matters. Even though he is physically gone, his love lives on. I am praying for you and your family and please let us know if there is anything that we can do.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agreed rev!!!!! Amen brother!!!! And thank you mrs solastsummers for stoping by..any reefer is part of a special family that's why I'm proud to be a part of it...1smile1

badger126

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you made it on here Heather! Best wishes again and I hope you make it back to Idaho someday so me and Kelly can meet Holly! You might want to put the date and time of the funeral so some people can attend.

solastsummer

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good call. The service is on Wednesday the 30th at 11am with a viewing starting at 10am. Once again, I thank each of you.

Troylee

all about the diy!!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just made payment of 417$ for the box i auctioned off and the one i won from db....1smile1 sw52275 made the payment to me for the winning bid on my mystery box "280$" and i paid the 137$ for dbs black hornet.....1smile1 nice!!!!!!!

fsu1dolfan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you so much for stopping by Heather and leaving the kind words. I am glad that we are all able to help you during this time of need.

Reef UP

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just made payment of 417$ for the box i auctioned off and the one i won from db....1smile1 sw52275 made the payment to me for the winning bid on my mystery box "280$" and i paid the 137$ for dbs black hornet.....1smile1 nice!!!!!!!

Better throw another bid on Idaho pack! You're a great guy there Troy!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
New total is now $6030.56!!!

I am sending the final payment now to Dan'd friend and from now on all payments left will go to the PP account of badger. (Dan's friend)

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 168 73.0%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 40 17.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 2.2%
Back