Reefer from Cypress

AquaticGenius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys. Im 18 and began the saltwater hobby. Im about to set up my tank . I have almost all i need, just need the test kits and a light to buy. I was wondering, how much did you guys spend on your first ever tank? I will begin a thread soon on my first ever tank(IM Nuvo Fusion Pro 20 starter kit from BRS). I was wondering, what light would you guys recommend? Im think the AI prime 16HD. Thoughts? Thank you?

OP
OP
A

AquaticGenius

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome! If you want to connect with the Houston folks, https://marsh-reef.org/ is the best place. Though some visit this forum too.

AI Prime are good lights, I'm using the PrimeHD over my nano (RedSea 20g Max Nano).
Great! I will visit the site and ask! Thank you and yeah im thinking on putting an AI Prime 16HD over my Innovative Marine Nuvo Fusion Pro 20.

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to the drug for life ;) (i meant reefing) .

@18 and you are setting up your first reef tank. Man...you are way ahead of the pack. Congrats!

endeavouraquatics

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello guys. Im 18 and began the saltwater hobby. Im about to set up my tank . I have almost all i need, just need the test kits and a light to buy. I was wondering, how much did you guys spend on your first ever tank? I will begin a thread soon on my first ever tank(IM Nuvo Fusion Pro 20 starter kit from BRS). I was wondering, what light would you guys recommend? Im think the AI prime 16HD. Thoughts? Thank you?
There’s honestly a lot of good lights that don’t “break the bank”, per say. Ocean Revives and Zetlights are great options for a first tank. Nothing wrong with the light you’re considering, but I was really surprised with the capabilities of those two more affordable options.

Keeping it clean: Have you used a filter roller?

• I currently use a filter roller.

Votes: 68 35.6%
  • I don’t currently use a filter roller, but I have in the past.

Votes: 6 3.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 48 25.1%
  • I have never used a filter roller and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 61 31.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back