Reefer_NYC - Waterbox Frag 105.4 Shallow Build

Reefer_NYC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Sup Everyone! Welcome to my build thread for my Waterbox 105.4 Frag Tank.
Below you can find all the equipment used on the tank and also my Amazon store for additional equipment that I use

Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/reefer_nyc/
YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/reefer_nyc
AlgaeBarn 15% off REEFERNYC
Flipper Cleaner - Free shipping and a mystery gift - Reefer_NYC
Grovemade 10% off REEFERNYC
Amazon Store

Gear List:
Lights - Illumagic X4 with Vitamini Strips
Return Pump - Great White Return Pump
Wave makers - 2X Great White Wave Maker
Skimmer - Great White Skimmer
Controller - Coralvue Hydros 4 + XP8
Heater - 300W Eheim Heater
Sand - 80lbs Caribsea Fiji Pink Sand
Rock - 40lbs Caribsea Life Rock (shapes and arches)

ReeferNYC428.jpg

Last edited:

Lyss

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following. I came across your IG when I was first getting started -- def helped me to see that having a reef tank in a NYC apt was possible. I started small w/20g but this is making me feel extra hopeful that an eventual larger upgrade can also be possible. Looking forward to seeing the build!

sweetLou03

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Following on IG as well.. I’m considering getting this.. just contacted waterbox.. said new shipments will be going out in 2 weeks! Good luck!

OP
OP
Reefer_NYC

Reefer_NYC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Following. I came across your IG when I was first getting started -- def helped me to see that having a reef tank in a NYC apt was possible. I started small w/20g but this is making me feel extra hopeful that an eventual larger upgrade can also be possible. Looking forward to seeing the build!
Appreciate you! Yea once the bug hits, it keeps hitting LOL just definitely make sure what kind of floors you have. Once I heard concrete, i was like YEPPPP upgrade. LOL

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
nice, setup! I would highly suggest algaebarn/pns pro bio for a really diverse dry cycle start up if you are headed in that direction, Pns pro bio really helped with my 6 year old tank dealing with weird issues like dinos, red slime, and bacterial mulm excess so it should really be helpful in starting off a good foundation. Also Michael at algaebarn and Ken at hydrospace llc (pns) are super helpful and will get back to you and want your feedback as well for future products, theyre awesome.
An alternative I havent yet tried would be some sort of reef snow like that from reefbrite or brightwell mixed with aquaforest life source to make a diverse starting bacterial culture.
Sorry for the rant but u seem experienced so i wanted to let you know of some newer products you may noy have used before, good luck with the build, following!

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just the links

OP
OP
Reefer_NYC

Reefer_NYC

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
nice, setup! I would highly suggest algaebarn/pns pro bio for a really diverse dry cycle start up if you are headed in that direction, Pns pro bio really helped with my 6 year old tank dealing with weird issues like dinos, red slime, and bacterial mulm excess so it should really be helpful in starting off a good foundation. Also Michael at algaebarn and Ken at hydrospace llc (pns) are super helpful and will get back to you and want your feedback as well for future products, theyre awesome.
An alternative I havent yet tried would be some sort of reef snow like that from reefbrite or brightwell mixed with aquaforest life source to make a diverse starting bacterial culture.
Sorry for the rant but u seem experienced so i wanted to let you know of some newer products you may noy have used before, good luck with the build, following!
yea already got them LOLOLOL

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
u a smart dude, im experimenting with reef snow from tropic mixed with brightwell reef snow as it is cheaper than yellow sno from pns/hydrospace (dont tell ken, dont want to make him mad at me lol)

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
im also on long island and been getting in sweet frags cheap and have some stuff to frag, lmk if u want to trade or just get stuff for free. I love how gracious this hobby can be

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 6 6.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 4.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 5.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 70 77.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 5.6%
Back