Reefgrow Products

Aaronhome27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Randy

I appreciate the responses. I've been trying to get up to date on the relationship between Calc, alk, and mag mainly through reading a lot of your work. Hey I'm old and it's been years since I had a tank. In perspective back when I had my last tank was when you would buy Fiji live rock with hitchhikers and boom, you had a reef tank... Lol. So yes its been a while and man how things have changed.

So I guess leading to question here. Assuming the onset of coraline and the new consumption of calcium and alkalinity, would that in turn use up some (although slight) magnesium once the calcium and alkalinity levels drop? I'm not talking about a large amount, just a slight drop not seen before between water changes. I have now balanced out my dosing and actually switching to AF 1+ 2+ 3+ system as Im slowly gaining more of an understanding of the relationship between the 3 works. Now with a balanced dosing I am seeing a general balanced consumption with only slight magnesium drop. As well after finally taking time to read more of your work I finally see that it's not adding one part of a solution to fix just one part of a balanced system. Again, thanks for taking some time to respond (and thanks for the published work that has greatly helped me to finally scratch the surface of what I need to learn as I go.)

Randy Holmes-Farley

Reef Chemist
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Assuming the onset of coraline and the new consumption of calcium and alkalinity, would that in turn use up some (although slight) magnesium once the calcium and alkalinity levels drop? I'm not talking about a large amount, just a slight drop not seen before between water changes. )

Yes, a slight drop that is likely not detectable with a kit over a week or less. The the AF product, you may never see a drop, since it adds it.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.5%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 40 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.6%
Back