ReefrooM sps-tank from Serbia

Toddp65

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome reef, next best thing out of Serbia after Novak Djokovic!

OP
OP
igoRR

igoRR

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for late reply guys, but thanks a lot for wonderful comments!

Monti with yellow rim with blue polyps, is not a Monty at all, as a matter of fact it is Turbinaria.
I am dosing Easylife Nitrate and Phospate for my needs, and it works well.
You have asked if I am harvesting my Softies from my "refugium". The thing is that this frag tank of around 100 g, is frag tank but it works as some kind of refugium so to speak. I must say that you must be extremely careful with mixing Softies with SPS, because of possible chemical warfare between Softies, and that Terpentine-like chemical compound can damage your SPS corals, and even kill them. The key is in good filtration and careful Softies placement.
I managed to keep my less aggressive Softies down the stream in this huge frag tank, and this works very well. What can I say, I love to live on the edge. :)

So, to answer to your question, I am not harvesting my Softies on regular basis, but instead I export some as a gifts to my reef-junkie friends from time to time. Softies are not going to expel Nitrates and Phospates they consumed, and it will be used as a food and greatly improve growth of Soft corals if kept in check.
That's my experience with this system.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Any new updates? I'd love to see some new pics of this reef! :D

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Monti with yellow rim with blue polyps, is not a Monty at all, as a matter of fact it is Turbinaria.
You have asked if I am harvesting my Softies from my "refugium". The thing is that this frag tank of around 100 g, is frag tank but it works as some kind of refugium so to speak. I must say that you must be extremely careful with mixing Softies with SPS, because of possible chemical warfare between Softies, and that Terpentine-like chemical compound can damage your SPS corals, and even kill them. The key is in good filtration and careful Softies placement.
I managed to keep my less aggressive Softies down the stream in this huge frag tank, and this works very well. What can I say, I love to live on the edge. :)

So, to answer to your question, I am not harvesting my Softies on regular basis, but instead I export some as a gifts to my reef-junkie friends from time to time. Softies are not going to expel Nitrates and Phospates they consumed, and it will be used as a food and greatly improve growth of Soft corals if kept in check.
Any new updates? PLEEEZE! :) :D

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

@igoRR Please give us an update on this beautiful reef!

acabgd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can tell you Igor is planning a new, bigger tank. In the meantime his ReefRoom tank is still going strong, I saw it just a few days ago.

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
We need some updates!

Dubravko

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Igor is preoccupied about the new tank will be more beautiful.
His love for this hobby grew into something much bigger and more serious, and it's great.
I'll try to contact him on email and remind him that some people on R2R expect update

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 114 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.2%
Back