Removing a Clownfish

adamfajge

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have 2 Oscellaris Clowns one large female and one small male and was thinking of taking out the large Female. I am hoping the BiColor Blenny and Flame Angel start eating the frozen food. I have seen the Clown chase the Blenny. The Blenny and Angel both just pick at the rock so they are eating something. Would anyone else remove the clownfish to take a chance that the Angel and Blenny will be more comfortable and eat? I could get a new smaller clownfish and hope for the best. I might wait a week though since the Blenny and Angel are new and see if they eventually start to eat. I might get some live brine tomorrow and see if that helps. Keep the mean clown or not? I don't know how long the other fish can live without me seeing them eat frozen. The blenny looks a little thin and has verticle white stripes that come and go.
Thanks,
Adam

kateater

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how long have you had the angel and blenny? When i first added my flame angel it took a week before it would eat anything i gave it. Keep the clown they should come around.

OP
OP
adamfajge

adamfajge

unregistered
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Flame Angel

I am gonna wait a week and see if the Flame and Blenny start to eat prepared foods. All types of Frozen I have tried and dried seaweed and has not ate it yet.
Adam

gparr

Waterbox Keeper
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try feeding at both ends of the tank simultaneously. The clownfish can't be both places at once. When I'm spot-feeding corals, I put a big chunk in one end of the tank to give the clownfish something to work on while I feed the corals. Otherwise the little snot will take the food right out of the coral tentacles.
Gary

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back