Replace glass or tank?

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very crappy of planet and or your seller. The reason why the 15 day unseen damage clause ups there is because some times things like this happen I'd be calling my credit card company and or bank and canceling or fighting the charges. Hope this works out for you miracles built my aquarium and there's a long bubble in the seam and they already started building me a new tank I can't imagine going through what you are. Also If anyone for those companies wants to chime in i signed off 2 weeks ago but I just noticed the issue I had. Best customer service I've ever recieved for anything period is from miracles aquariums.

Anyone reading this I hope thinks twice about this company where he's having trouble to many others out there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very crappy of planet and or your seller. The reason why the 15 day unseen damage clause ups there is because some times things like this happen I'd be calling my credit card company and or bank and canceling or fighting the charges. Hope this works out for you miracles built my aquarium and there's a long bubble in the seam and they already started building me a new tank I can't imagine going through what you are. Also If anyone for those companies wants to chime in i signed off 2 weeks ago but I just noticed the issue I had. Best customer service I've ever recieved for anything period is from miracles aquariums.

Anyone reading this I hope thinks twice about this company where he's having trouble to many others out there.

I got the Miracles quote after I already agreed to this one. I did just hear back from seller. They are supposed to be starting the rebuild.

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I hope this goes well for you man but it's still total bs that they are treating you like a criminal

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When a tank is dropped off by freight I know first hand that they aren't going to sit there and wait for you to go over the entire thing for an hour that's why you have a few days to notice anything that may be wrong with it that isn't initially visible when your first looking at the tank.

It seemed to me based on there response that they were saying you lied and it's not there problem. That you broke it moving it. If every company took that attitude I imagine shipping wouldn't exist because some things are hard to see on initial inspection. Couple that with them saying it cost more to get better quality work I'm **** at them for that statement. Never thought I'd here that from a custom tank company that charges triple what a standard tank is. So what's the Etta cost for there new truck because the tank they sent you wasn't quality compared to a marineland tank from the pics you took.

Let's hope they do a good job for you this time. Hate to reefers have problems ever. Especially when it's an issue like this

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When a tank is dropped off by freight I know first hand that they aren't going to sit there and wait for you to go over the entire thing for an hour that's why you have a few days to notice anything that may be wrong with it that isn't initially visible when your first looking at the tank.

It seemed to me based on there response that they were saying you lied and it's not there problem. That you broke it moving it. If every company took that attitude I imagine shipping wouldn't exist because some things are hard to see on initial inspection. Couple that with them saying it cost more to get better quality work I'm **** at them for that statement. Never thought I'd here that from a custom tank company that charges triple what a standard tank is. So what's the Etta cost for there new truck because the tank they sent you wasn't quality compared to a marineland tank from the pics you took.

Let's hope they do a good job for you this time. Hate to reefers have problems ever. Especially when it's an issue like this

That was the thing that got me too. They, without actually saying it, was i was lying. I broke it and was trying to get over them. The bottom line was, I too "blinded" by excitement that I finally had the tank to even realize all the defects in it.

Lonelyreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens to all of us man your not at fault. That's why it's a law you have 15 days to report concealed damages. To be honest if the shipping company doesn't give them money or they give you a hard time you could sue and win easily.

Google concealed shipping damages every shipping company has them listed normally including fedex , ups, usps even abs freight. All shippers are held to the same standards and so are the companies that ship the products.

Ignorance is no excuse for them not following the letter of the law.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

My new tank is supposed to ship tomorrow, ALTHOUGH, to this point, I am still very displeased with this company. I have requested pictures and updates for quite a few days and they have failed to respond.

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
UPDATE:

Tank shipped yesterday from Texas. It is in Ohio now. Pics they sent me.

5gtvfce.jpg
btgvf dc.jpg
photo 1 (1).jpg
photo 1.jpg
photo 4 (1).jpg

SeahorseKeeper

Where's the mysis?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good! :)

OP
OP
Breakthecycle2

Breakthecycle2

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I m 85% happier with the new tank. It came. I inspected it as best I could when the driver was still, particularly because of the above pictures. Everything looked good. The movers came, took the old one to the garage and brought the new one in. I did a thorough inspection and to my dismay, I found two chips. the bigger one, about a dime size on the same side as the missing part of the crate. It's at the very top and doesn't appear to be an issue. I am thinking it was a shipping issue for sure this time. Planet says 100%, they did not ship missing parts of the crate. So, at this point I don't care anymore. It's on a side that is near a wall, and won't be seen.

Here is my new build thread: https://www.reef2reef.com/forums/large-aquariums-180g/196920-breaks-new-again-200-build.html

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 15 8.0%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 34 18.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 124 66.0%
  • Neither.

Votes: 9 4.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.2%
Back