Replacement Apex ORP Probe Reading 0

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an Apex A2 that I’ve been running for a couple of years. The ORP probe has been a little inconsistent with readings drifting upwards so I decided to replace the probe.

I read it was best to place the probe in your sump for a couple days before installing it so that’s what I did. However, when I fully installed it yesterday, the ORP reading is showing zero in Fusion.

I tried reseating the connection and gently cleaning off the end of the probe, but it was still showing zero. I swapped back to the old probe just for a sanity check and it started seeing readings right away.

I read in a previous post on the Neptune forum that their customer service advised someone to stick the probe in a carbonated drink so I tried that and sure enough I did get a reading 60-130mv. This to me indicates the probe isn’t dead and the connection is secure however, I’m not sure where to go from here as the ORP reading is still zero today.

Any ideas?

OP
OP
nim6us

nim6us

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Apex is running on a 4 year old 100g tank full of fish and coral, that I also run ozone on. I think it’s unlikely my ORP is flatline zero for 3 days. However if I’ve misunderstood something I’m open to understanding more.

Figuring out the why: Has your primary reason(s) for keeping a saltwater aquarium changed over time?

• My reasons for reef keeping have changed dramatically.

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have somewhat evolved.

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • My reasons for reef keeping have no changed.

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back