[Request] Guides On Email Notifications

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Variant

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Vinny@GHLUSA
@Matthias Gross

I am pretty far along in setting up my new Profilux 4, and the Youtube videos along with the Programming Guide 7.02 have been critical in helping me set up with ease.

That said, I noticed that there is a lack of instructions both video and written regarding how to set up the email notification feature on the P4. While I was able to 'google' this and successfully got my P4 to send me both emails/texts on my sensor readings at select times of the day, I feel like I could be doing more than getting notifications about sensor readings.

Below are some of the emails I want to receive:
  1. I have a float sensor in my sump for 'overflow' situations, that turns my skimmer, UV, rollermat, etc off when activated. I would like an email notification whenever this float sensor is activated.
  2. I would like notifications when my temp, ph, redox, cond probe readings are above/below my nominal values by +/- values (if my temp sensor is set to 78 but it dips to 74, I want an email)
  3. I have a pressure sensor to detect when my excess skimmate collection container is full. Would like an email when it is triggered as well.
  4. I would like an email when my ATO exceeds it max run-time.

If there is a formal guide out there to help me accomplish this let me know. If you or any others knows how to do this, can ya help a reefer out. If we compile all the common notification types in here, maybe it'll help Vinny and team make a Youtube video about it too :)

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi there,

I just stumbled upon this document that outlines all of the information that you can put into emails.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/downloads/tokens-for-profilux-3-and-4/

That won't directly help with your ask but I found it very interesting because of another thing I'm working on.

To your question, emails can be triggered by alarms, so anything that can set off an alarm can send an email.

So for your item number 2 just go into whatever sensor you want and scroll down to the Alarm settings and set the threshold.

I'm going to be setting up my float sensors next week so can confirm then. But it looks like that can be set up to trigger an alarm as well.

For number 3 and 4 I'm not sure. @Ditto or @Lasse will be better placed to answer.

Can you use programmable logic to take any input and trigger an email or an alarm?

Cheers, Tony

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@Tristren - Thank you for the Tag :)

You can set up to 4 Notifications. I thought at one time I would need more but I have 4 set up and I get all the alerts and notifications I need :)

But you can for sure get notifications/alerts for those two things :)

I do two different types of Alarms :)

First when a level sensor goes off :)

$$REPS[12][6]$$ $$LVCD[x]$$ : $$LEVV[x]$$ ( $$LVCO[x]$$ )
$$REPE$$

And one that is will go off when any alarm is triggered.

$$REPS[10][5]$$
$$ALMS[x]$$
$$REPE$$

With these two you should know anything that triggers an alarm when it comes to your number 3 and number 4 :).

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 26.3%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 33.1%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 41 30.8%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 6.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back