Rev's 120g Reef

benny z

coral care giver
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol - pretty sure I just read you can't take good pics under LEDs after good pics under LEDs were posted. :p

skinz78

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lol - pretty sure I just read you can't take good pics under LEDs after good pics under LEDs were posted. :p

I meant most people can't take pic's under LED's worth a darn because they can't figure out their camera settings properly. I gave up on trying with mine.

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thank you and Brad please post more! LOL!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bummed out. Lost my 6+ year old breeding picasso clown pair this morning, and my Achilles Tang a couple days ago. I introduced a disease into the tank via new coral where I let a lot of the water get in the tank. Well that's what I think anyway. I had just started treating the fish for ich but think it may have been velvet since it happened pretty fast. The clowns ate last night and one was dead this morning and the other died moments ago. I had all these fish for a long time.

It can happen to us all if you don't take good care. These photos were taken just a couple weeks ago. :(

9_zpsc9951530.jpg

8_zpsae9cf80c.jpg

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks guys. You can always buy new fish but fish like these become real pets and it hurts to lose them. I realize there are MANY more important things in life but they were under my care and I failed them. This pair let me do anything to their anemone, eggs, whatever and never took a nip at me. Never. :(

shred5

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Bummed out. Lost my 6+ year old breeding picasso clown pair this morning, and my Achilles Tang a couple days ago. I introduced a disease into the tank via new coral where I let a lot of the water get in the tank. Well that's what I think anyway. I had just started treating the fish for ich but think it may have been velvet since it happened pretty fast. The clowns ate last night and one was dead this morning and the other died moments ago. I had all these fish for a long time.

It can happen to us all if you don't take good care. These photos were taken just a couple weeks ago. :(

Sorry to hear that... That does not sound right about being introduced with a coral though.. Anyway if something is in there it would still come in on the coral, it dont matter how much water you had put in the tank though, one drop could be enough.. I might look somewhere else for the cause but I guess it is possible. Ich can be introduced that way easily.... Clowns are pretty healthy and can shake of most things. Brook is probably what they got if they went fast.

Nice to see your Magnifica is doing awsum still.

spspirate

Tidepool Explorer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear about your clowns Rev. You have some jaw dropper shots to remember them by!!

zesty

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks guys. You can always buy new fish but fish like these become real pets and it hurts to lose them. I realize there are MANY more important things in life but they were under my care and I failed them. This pair let me do anything to their anemone, eggs, whatever and never took a nip at me. Never. :(

Dude, I feel ya. I have lost 3 fish in the past 2 years, 2 jumpers and one got a nasty wound that just never healed. I've taken care of the jumping situation, but every time I feel bad and I try to the best of my abilities to take care of all inhabitants. It sucks, I couldn't imagine losing a 6 year pair of clowns. This man would probably cry... (Did I just type that outloud?)

rs1831

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry to hear. I hope the rest of your tank recovers quickly and without any other losses.

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rev, sorry to here bud and it certainly hurts to lose any livestock that we've had in our care long term. Hopefully you can figure out what exactly the issue/parasite was. Are you planning to run Fallow on the DT ???

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks again. Feeling better today. Going to leave the tank fallow for at least 8 weeks. I will have some fish in qt ready to go though! ;)

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Almost 3 weeks in to the fallow period. Had a dream last night I added fish and forgot! LOL!

Corals are great and coraline is taking over! LOL!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 33 50.0%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 12 18.2%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 15 22.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 9.1%
Back