RFG on Waterbox 20 cube

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They would work well.

I would suggest the 1/2in RFGs over the 3/4in and you'll need a set of our 22mm to 1/2in Modular Hose Adapters.

you can find the list of parts you'll need here:
I need your opinion. So do you think these with a 1400 gph return pump would be sufficient flow for lps and Softies, or would you recommend still having an additional Powerhead? This is for my waterbox marine x 60.2

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need your opinion. So do you think these with a 1400 gph return pump would be sufficient flow for lps and Softies, or would you recommend still having an additional Powerhead? This is for my waterbox marine x 60.2
yes - i think it would work, and do a fantastic job. With that size pump, that would give you plenty of overhead for driving a set of 1/2in RFGs for a nice punchy, wavemaker-like randomized flow

A few things to consider:

- at that flow rate, you'll likely need the RFGs to be about 1 to 1.5in below the water line. That tank holds about 2.5 gallons of water pew inch of height. So you'll need at least 2.5 to 4 gallons of reserve in your sump. The Sump should have plenty of room, but it's always good to plan ahead for things like that.

- Rock work will play a role in how well this works. If you rock work is higher and block one of the outlets the flow may not reach around the tank as well as if it was not blocked. When you design your aquascape, keep this in mind.

- the 1/2in RFG has a Suggested Optimal flow of about 450 GPH per nozzle (as measured at the nozzle ). This is where we feel you get the best balance of randomized flow vs the amount of back pressure. With that said, the 1/2in perform really well at higher rates - up to as much as 600-700GPH. Basically, the more flow and pressure you put behind an RFG the more punchy and pronounced the randomized flow is. Don't be afraid to crank up that pump!

Here's a flow demo of the 1/2inRFG at around 550-600 GPH to give you an idea of what you can expect.

Hope that answers all your questions - if you have more, please do not hesitate to ask.

bluerider098

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They would work well.

I would suggest the 1/2in RFGs over the 3/4in and you'll need a set of our 22mm to 1/2in Modular Hose Adapters.

you can find the list of parts you'll need here:
So I actually ended up getting a Waterbox Frag 55.2. will these same adaptors work? I already purchased them, just wanting to make sure I don't need something different.

Appreciate the help.

Vivid Creative Aquatics

Upgrade Your Flow!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I actually ended up getting a Waterbox Frag 55.2. will these same adaptors work? I already purchased them, just wanting to make sure I don't need something different.

Appreciate the help.
I believe the Waterbox Frag series would use our 22mm to 1/2in Adapters. - I also think the Waterbox Marine Series use the same modular hose design

If the stock inlets look anything like this, then the 22mm adapters are what you would need
1610657790369.png

if they look like this - then you would need the 16.5mm adapters
1610657841332.png

New Reefer UK

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also - not sure what pump comes stock with the Waterbox20, but you will want to make sure whatever pump you end up with it is capable of at least 220-250 GPH (or more) for the best Randomized flow.
Is this how it’s supposed to look?

Attachments

• IMG_6816.jpeg
    IMG_6816.jpeg
    177.7 KB · Views: 7

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.3%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.3%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back