Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
RiptideAquaculture

RiptideAquaculture

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Just got a memo from Everyone's job. Pretty much saying that its mandatory to make as much noise on this thread as possible!

Last edited:

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FLASH CONTEST ZONE

Share your Funniest reef related story!
2 winner of a $15 gift card
Winner announced around 6PM EST 3/1/23

Also you will get 5 entries as a reward for participating

all Entries must be entered on the REEF2REEF thread Click here

Good Luck and lets have some fun everyone!
The biggest bully from my 40 was the hawkfish. the biggest bully from the 15 cube was the orchid dottyback. they are both in the 120 now. for the most part the dottyback hides, so this story isn't about him. It's about the Hawkfish (Sid Vicious).

One of the reasons I was afraid to upgrade was that I wouldn't be able to find my dragonette. He's small, the tank is big, and he hides well. I was wrong. Shortly after the upgrade, after all the changes with lights, coral, basically, once my hands staid out of the tank for more than a day my wife and I saw a strange thing. in the corner of the tank, closes to the couch was Sid. He was laying on the substrate with his dorsal fin clamped to his back. He was at a slight angle and above him, gently floating down and landing on him was Cho, the dragonette. Cho would then swim under Sid, come up a little and land on him. Cho would swim to the top of the tank, then slowly fall on Sid. You've seen videos of baby tigers playing? It was very close to that. This would go on for a minute or so and they would swim off and do it somewhere else. Always Sid remained cautious to lower his spines for Cho. They would play together nearly daily.

Just got a memo from Everyone's job. pretty much saying that its mandatory to make as much noise on this thread as possible!
haven't done a lot of work yet, why start now?
hype confidence GIF

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
FLASH CONTEST ZONE

Share your Funniest reef related story!
2 winner of a $15 gift card
Winner announced around 6PM EST 3/1/23

Also you will get 5 entries as a reward for participating

all Entries must be entered on the REEF2REEF thread Click here

Good Luck and lets have some fun everyone!
You already know mine about the clownfish! Let's see if I can remember another funny one...

So on my 5 gallon fish tank I had my Nicrew reef light. I was rearranging some wires underneath a few months back and when I went to plug it back in it wouldn't turn on. I thought for sure I had blown the transformation or something. The stupid plug had to be broken - it couldn't be the light right? Finally, after days of messing with it - unplugging, replugging, twisting the plug around, basically think Original NES game stuff - I traced the wire from the light to the adapter to the power strip. 4 days... I plugged the light into a different AC adapter that wasn't plugged in to anything and it took me 4 days to realize it.

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Freshwater filter only or is it? Have you ever used an HOB filter on a saltwater tank?

• I currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank.

Votes: 33 29.2%
  • I don’t currently use a HOB filter on my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 21 18.6%
  • I have used a HOB on fish only or quarantine tanks, but not on the display tank.

Votes: 28 24.8%
  • I have never used a HOB on a saltwater tank.

Votes: 29 25.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.8%
Back