RO/DI filter questions

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
I was looking at the liquidation sale on items you have. I notice you have a good sale on RO/DI systems. My question is after you guys close, where would I get the replacement filters? Looking at the MARINE DEPOT KLEANWATER 4-STAGE ADVANCED RO/DI SYSTEM.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
BRS, Amazon, local stores, etc.

The housings are standard 10x2.5 cartridges so anywhere you can buy those you can source replacements.

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I was looking at the liquidation sale on items you have. I notice you have a good sale on RO/DI systems. My question is after you guys close, where would I get the replacement filters? Looking at the MARINE DEPOT KLEANWATER 4-STAGE ADVANCED RO/DI SYSTEM.
I would also go with the Aquamax Puratek Deluxe 100 GPD if you don't mind spending the extra 80 bucks. But you can also always upgrade the one your planning on down the road.

aquaman67

View Badges
Reaction score
I just bought a new Marine Depot RO/DI. The one for $100 that was $199.
They are still advertising 15% off replacement media for life. How is that going to work? I have a feeling BRS, as great as they are, won’t honor that. I could be wrong so if someone knows, please chime in.
I don’t need a new system but the one I have is 20 years old. The new membrane and media is worth $100. Plus it has a pressure gauge and inline TDS meter too.

MarineDepot

Build a Better Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
I just bought a new Marine Depot RO/DI. The one for $100 that was $199.
They are still advertising 15% off replacement media for life. How is that going to work? I have a feeling BRS, as great as they are, won’t honor that. I could be wrong so if someone knows, please chime in.
I don’t need a new system but the one I have is 20 years old. The new membrane and media is worth $100. Plus it has a pressure gauge and inline TDS meter too.
We know that many of you bought your Marine Depot RODI systems with the expectation of 15% off replacement filters. Bulk Reef Supply is working on a program so that we can make that happen! In the meantime, all BRS RODI filters are 15% off! No promo code needed, just head to BulkReefSupply.com!

Reefer508

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I went to order a few Spectrapue DI cartridges, (DI-SB-CI-10HC). They are out of stock and are not offered from Bulk Reef Supply, yet.
Will they be carrying them or only the refillable one they have now?

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
OP
OP
hawk82

hawk82

View Badges
Reaction score
Got the system in today, flushed all the filters, and already made 5 gallons of water. Works great! Im surprised by the quality of it, its pretty beefy lol. 0 TDS out, and getting around 62 PSI.

Edit: oh and the di is refillable!

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Got the system in today, flushed all the filters, and already made 5 gallons of water. Works great! Im surprised by the quality of it, its pretty beefy lol. 0 TDS out, and getting around 62 PSI.

Edit: oh and the di is refillable!
That's great news!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.2%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 25 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 116 58.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.6%
Back