RO/DI Set up help.

BravoTwoZero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi All, a picture tells a thousand words so put this together. Before you say way over the top I have all the gear so might as well use it. The main question is would you put the TDS meter probes after RO and last DI or inbetween the DI's as I have a hand held TDS meter to test the product water. The bypass before the booster pump to send filtered water to my Nitrate resins for my fresh water grow out tanks. My water does have Chloromine in the water so Chloro Plus filter. The 1mic sediment filter is in case of Carbon fines.
Water Set Up.jpg
used.

EricR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you care about both DI group outputs, you could buy another HM digital single probe unit for <$20 and add that on your "Nitrate Resin" output,,, or if you prefer single display, Amazon has HM digital 3-probe unit for $33.

Otherwise, with what you already have, I'd personally just check the "Nitrate Resin" product with the handheld,,, but that's skewed perspective since I don't keep freshwater (planted or otherwise).

Woodyman

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yep I'd just buy another meter or 2 and get everything.

I've got 4 of the dual probes on my system. I cover in+out of each RO membrane, and then in+out of each of the 3 DI stages.

OP
OP
BravoTwoZero

BravoTwoZero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you care about both DI group outputs, you could buy another HM digital single probe unit for <$20 and add that on your "Nitrate Resin" output,,, or if you prefer single display, Amazon has HM digital 3-probe unit for $33.

Otherwise, with what you already have, I'd personally just check the "Nitrate Resin" product with the handheld,,, but that's skewed perspective since I don't keep freshwater (planted or otherwise).
Thanks for that. The Nitrate line don't need softening so that's ok.

KStatefan

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would use a triple sensor

I would move the 1 micron before the carbon and add a flush tee to rinse fines when changing carbon.

OP
OP
BravoTwoZero

BravoTwoZero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I would move the 1 micron before the carbon and add a flush tee to rinse fines when changing carbon.
That's one thing I was thinking to do, cheers.

SnubbsDebolt

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Agreed. Definitely makes the most sense to put 5 micron then 1 micron in the first dual canister. Depending on the flow meter I would probably place that after the first dual canister as well so it doesn’t get any build up.

OP
OP
BravoTwoZero

BravoTwoZero

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The other thing I been thinking is because I use a HMA and Chloro plus carbons.... is there a combined carbon filter that does both Chloramine and heavy metals?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 32 16.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 5.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 26 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 117 58.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 6.5%
Back