RO or RO/DI for freshwater

Billdogg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know for sure, but I'm thinking RODI, just so you know you're starting from 0. My tap water is icky enough that it just seems to make sense that way.

SoFlo Reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any specific type of freshwater tank? The importance of source water depends on what you're planning to keep IMO. I always used tap water in my planted tanks personally, though our local tap water wasn't too bad at around 80 TDS. RO water should be fine, and will be cheaper, but if you are paranoid you can always go RODI to be certain you are removing everything.

OP
OP
H

hockeyhilite

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any specific type of freshwater tank? The importance of source water depends on what you're planning to keep IMO. I always used tap water in my planted tanks personally, though our local tap water wasn't too bad at around 80 TDS. RO water should be fine, and will be cheaper, but if you are paranoid you can always go RODI to be certain you are removing everything.
I have a planted tank. I decided to go with RO system for my fresh. I will add equilibrium to the water. I live in Vegas and we have hard water here. I will use my rodi system for my salt.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tds is 400 to 450 and I've always used tap water when doing water changes. I use RODI when topping off just because I've already got the bucket of water there for my saltwater tank.

Back