ROLL CALL! Introduce yourself

kevantheman35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your reading this you've made it to the forum! Its been a while since the club has had an official meeting, I thought it would be nice to see who is still around as well as who's new. Take a minute to say hi, and post a pic of your current system if you have one. :tea:

OP
OP
kevantheman35

kevantheman35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'll start. My names Kevan and I've been in the hobby about 8 years now. In that time I've had two mixed reef tanks, both on the nano side. I am currently upgrading to a 60g cube which is taking longer than I would like but it has been fun collecting the equipment. I will go ahead and post pics of some of what I have have gotten together so far, most from other local reefers.
GOPR2023-1.jpg

GOPR2021-1.jpg

GOPR221_edit_1413766108469.jpg

DiverJohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm John. I have been in the hobby for 4-5 years now. I currently have one 75gal, predominant SPS with some LPS, I have a second 75 that is predominantly softies and zoos, I have a third 55gal frag tank for all the left overs. I will have to get some pics taken when the lights are on as I don't have any current shots.

LornaS

Livin on the Salty Side
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi I am Lorna and I have been in the hobby for 10+ years. Many tanks later I am the current owner of a 70g mixed reef. It is a CAD Lights rimless dimensions of 36x24x20. I run 160W Maxspect Razor light, cone skimmer and pellet reactor. All these are controlled via a Neptune

Apex. Still learning on that aspect.

tank.jpg

Last edited:

HoaglandDiver

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lee here.. have a 150g in-wall display tank.. Sump in basement (1 floor below). running Warner Marine AS-300 Skimmer, 2 x Radion XR30 G3 PRO LED lights, 2 x MP40, APEX controller. Been up and running a little over 4(?) years.. started researching the hobby and acquiring equipment 3 yrs prior to adding water to tank. Have 150gpd RO/DI water production. using seachem reef salt.
withfront.jpg
photo-112912a.jpg
012813-6.jpg

TJ's Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice group of Hoosiers here, and still consider myself one as born in Columbus, IN then spent my first 4 years of life in Fort Wayne before moving out to Seattle area. Really need to make it back for a visit soon as have much family throughout the state. I've been in the Reefkeeping side of the hobby for 32+ years now.

Cheers, Todd

OP
OP
kevantheman35

kevantheman35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice group of Hoosiers here, and still consider myself one as born in Columbus, IN then spent my first 4 years of life in Fort Wayne before moving out to Seattle area. Really need to make it back for a visit soon as have much family throughout the state. I've been in the Reefkeeping side of the hobby for 32+ years now.

Cheers, Todd
Hey Todd! I was just thinking about following your plans for a probe holder on my new sump. Read lots of your diys, good to have you around.

VincentBrown83

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I am Vincent and I am pretty new to the hobby. I have a 90 gallon display reef tank. I wish I could post pictures but my camera phone takes really poor photos.

LornaS

Livin on the Salty Side
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Vincent, and Todd. Glad to see reefers from everywhere. Partial to the northwest as I lived on Vancouver Island for 30+ years before moving to the Fort......

Would love to see more on probe holders. My husband made me some tube holders out of acrylic on a cnc machine that work great.....now to get a good probe holder....

LornaS

Livin on the Salty Side
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ha, Lee it's all I can do to get him to the odd meeting. I can imagine that he thinks reading fish forums akin to watching paint dry.

Dandy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my name is Andy,my wife, Sarah, and I have been reefing for almost 8 years now off and on. We currently are running a 56G cube with Current LED fixture. Our tank is a little on the nasty looking side right now, recovering from a crash a few months ago, or I would have pics of that tank. We also both have a pico tank each. We are in the cycling period with them, sorta a contest to see who can have the better looking more successful pico reef.

OP
OP
kevantheman35

kevantheman35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm around as well. abunch of us are getting together sunday at MT-reefs in kendalville sunday if you are interested. Info is on tri-state salt& reef page on facebook

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 18 6.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 35 12.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 159 57.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 6.8%
Back