RonDeVoo's Dream Tank 110G

Thle009

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice build. I know where to get my inspiration for my next upgrade for sure.

OP
OP
LEDSIXTYFIVE

LEDSIXTYFIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tomorrow they are going in deep with multiple trades to finish the reinforcement! So stoked!
image.jpg

jofost1216

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should see if theres any way while that ceiling is open if you can run a couple pac lines up to your tank to make water changes way easier, my friend has a drain to his garage and a small line running back to the tank with a pump that he uses to send fresh water back up.. good luck everything looks great so far.

Fin

Professional Procrastinator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty neat build! Like the woodwork on the doors and the hinge you used on the canopy. I will be curious to see if those two Hydra 26s will be sufficient lighting for that size tank.

One thing that caught my eye and I have to ask - are you not concerned with those two electrical outlets right behind the sump and below the top of the sump? I hope they are at least GFCI outlets and if they are, I hope they don't continually trip on you because of the moisture inside of the stand or splashing of water when working in the sump. That would be a little close for comfort for me.

Following along though. Nice, clean build.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LEDSIXTYFIVE

LEDSIXTYFIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pretty neat build! Like the woodwork on the doors and the hinge you used on the canopy. I will be curious to see if those two Hydra 26s will be sufficient lighting for that size tank.

One thing that caught my eye and I have to ask - are you not concerned with those two electrical outlets right behind the sump and below the top of the sump? I hope they are at least GFCI outlets and if they are, I hope they don't continually trip on you because of the moisture inside of the stand or splashing of water when working in the sump. That would be a little close for comfort for me.

Following along though. Nice, clean build.

Good eye. They are GFCI and they have their own breaker as well. When I had the house built they knew I would have a fish tank there. I had a 65G tank in this same spot before and didn't suffer from any electrical issues... But that doesn't mean I won't this time! With the time I have on my hands I may build a splash guard for the outlets, thanks for the criticism!

OP
OP
LEDSIXTYFIVE

LEDSIXTYFIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sorry that was supposed to be PVC lines, dam auto correct
Haha I hate that! I thought about the idea of having a fish space in the garage. When I asked my builder what it would cost to tear up the floor to run some pipes he said with my polished tile floor he would avoid pulling it at all costs. I just took his word for it. I have the r/o di on the same floor so I'm hoping for ease.

I am also curious if the 26's will be sufficient. With out water they light that tank up like a beacon! But that tells me nothing lol.

Last edited:
OP
OP
LEDSIXTYFIVE

LEDSIXTYFIVE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got the Okay from the contractors, it's ready! I found some amazing rock for $1 a pound and bought some live sand from the LFS. Aquascape to come!
image.jpg

Last edited:

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Following along! Welcome to R2R!

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 36 25.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 48 33.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 43 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 2.8%
Back