Royal Gramma aggressive towards another Royal Gramma

as99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I recently added two royal grammas to a 20 gallon tank. There were already two clown fish, a firefish, and a ruby dragonet. There is a dominant royal gramma who has been harassing the other to the point where the second is almost always hiding. Sometimes the second tries to come out and to defend itself but when I woke up this morning it had some very minor nips in its tail. I’m wondering if I should remove one of them or if they’ll work it out themselves over time.

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I recently added two royal grammas to a 20 gallon tank. There were already two clown fish, a firefish, and a ruby dragonet. There is a dominant royal gramma who has been harassing the other to the point where the second is almost always hiding. Sometimes the second tries to come out and to defend itself but when I woke up this morning it had some very minor nips in its tail. I’m wondering if I should remove one of them or if they’ll work it out themselves over time.
No. Most fish will not do well with another of their kind (or even the same body shape) in anything but a very large aquarium.

WHITE BUCKET CHALLENGE : How CLEAR do you think your water is in your reef aquarium? Show us your water!

• Crystal Clear

Votes: 96 41.6%
  • Mostly clear with a tint of yellow

Votes: 116 50.2%
  • More yellow than clear

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • YUCKY YELLOW

Votes: 4 1.7%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 8 3.5%
Back