Royal Gramma and Wrasses?

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone keep them together. Most sites say that either is compatable with most peaceful fish, but I have read of some isolated cases of RG's terrorizing fairy wrasses and sixlines? Anyone with some experience?

Hypertek99

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I believe the Royal Gramma's are a bit aggressive. That's what i hear but i have never owned one.

laskopyre

Chuck
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only fish that my gramma picked on was a yellowtail damsel. That was because it was smaller. Anything the same size or bigger it didn't bother with.

OP
OP
sleeper

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cool. Thanks guys. I will let ya know what I come up with. If anybody else has advice feel free to chime in.

OP
OP
sleeper

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
got a deal on a solar fairy wrasse today. LFS sold it to me for basically internet pricing! Acclimating now, will let you know how he gets along. :)

Pepper818

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ya i have a royal with my clown and fire fish in a biocube 14 ....seems fine and im gonna get a sixlined w.

barbndave

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They come from different oceans so I would think that they would be OK together.

OP
OP
sleeper

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
so far so good. the fairy wrasse has been in for a few hours and is swimming around happily! He flashed a few times at all other parties within the first hour, seemed normal pecking order stuff, since then all seems cool and he has been out front ever since. Already thrilled, I hope to keep up the good reports.

The Nomad

Poorhouse Denizen
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a RG and a leopard wrasse together for 8 months with NO problems. Before the leopard I had a flasher with it for six months.

How big is your tank?

mhowe9

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a sixline and a royal gramma together for about 6 months. I had no problems. I lost the sixline when I moved tanks.

reefer54

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a solar fairy wrasse and a rg for over a year, no problems, now if i could get the damsel to quit being a troublemaker...

OP
OP
sleeper

sleeper

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is a 55. So my completed stock list is RG, solor fairy (that will hopefully become a centerpiece in about 6 months with some growth) 1 solo surviving chromis, and a tomato clown I cycled my 20g with over a year ago and they thing has survived my learning curve so I cant bring myself you get rid of him. I know they can be one of the meaner clowns but he pretty much keeps to himself. He chases the chromis every once and a while. These will be all my fish, about 6 inches total as of now.

Current pic ( I know I need to clean house a bit)
DSCN0694_098.jpg

Start-up pic
Tank1.jpg

atahmed2795

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone keep them together. Most sites say that either is compatable with most peaceful fish, but I have read of some isolated cases of RG's terrorizing fairy wrasses and sixlines? Anyone with some experience?
I just added a royal gramma to the tank my wrasse is beating it up bad

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 23 29.1%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 30 38.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 25.3%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 5 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.3%
Back