RTN or Something Eating Coral?

AaaRr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As you can see the JF Kamikazi on the bottom left is RTNing pretty fast noticed it about 3 days ago. I am going to cut it up. However, last night I noticed the monti was getting the white fuzzy almost fuzzy like spots. Is this also dying or is something eating it? I have been observing them for a while and I cannot see anything. I think it is STN or RTNing an well.

I had a ALK drop and I raised it back up but it appears I raised it too quickly. I am nervous on raising it. Recommendations on what I should do about raising the ALK? For the kamikazi I am going to save what I can. For the monti I think I will take a frag but just monitor it moving forward.

IMG_20200712_232037.jpg

1594657124915.png

andrewey

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it just my imagination or do you also have clustered bite marks of that back left frag near the base or is that just a trick of the light/ just new growth tips?

OP
OP
A

AaaRr

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is new growth. The picture was taken when only the moon lights where on so it was closed up. Right now that frag is open. Here is a picture taken a few minutes ago. I am not seeing any bugs or nudibranches. I suspect it is ALK just due to the drop I had. Think I am good trying to maintain 7-8 and fragging the RTN coral and being more diligent in the future?

IMG_20200713_100200.jpg

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 65 45.8%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 46 32.4%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 20 14.1%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 9 6.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back